Windows 10: changing name on sign in screen

Discus and support changing name on sign in screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by henryrusso, Jan 29, 2019.

1. changing name on sign in screen

I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?

:)

henryrusso, Jan 29, 2019

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    How to change the name displayed on the sign-in screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Changing the username displayed on the sign-in screen depends on what account you're using to sign in. If you're using a Microsoft account, you may need to change your Microsoft account name online. If you're using a local account, you can change your account
    name from the Control Panel. To do so, follow the these steps:

• For Microsoft account:

• Click the Windows logo, and click on the gear icon to open
      Settings
    • Go to Accounts.
    • Select Your account.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft account link.
    • In your Microsoft account main page, click Edit name below your account picture.
    • Enter your preferred name, and click Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Please keep in mind that it may take some time for the changes to take effect. Also, the name you entered on your Microsoft account will also be displayed on other Microsoft products and services that you're using.

• For local account:

• In the search file on your taskbar, type Control Panel, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Under User Account, click the Change account type link.
    • Choose your local account.
    • Click the Change the account name link.
    • Enter your preferred name, and click Change name to confirm.
    • Reboot your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ramon Imp, Jan 29, 2019
  4. changing name on sign in screen

Startup screen picture and name

Hello Elliott,

For the steps on how to change your account picture on Windows 10, please refer to this

link

In regards to changing your name on the sign in screen, it will depend whether you're signed in as a local user or signed in using a Microsoft account.

For changing a local account user name, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type User Accounts then press
      Enter.
    • Select your local account.
    • Click Change the account name.
    • Enter the new name for the account.
    • Click Change Name to complete.
    For changing a Microsoft account user name, please follow the steps below.

• Sign in with your Microsoft account
      here
    • Beside your full name, click Edit name.
    • Enter the new name for your Microsoft account.
    • Click Save to complete.
    • Restart your PC.
    Let us know if you have further clarifications.

Devlin Sco, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

changing name on sign in screen

1. changing name on sign in screen - Similar Threads - changing name sign

2. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  3. change the sign in name on my HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change the sign in name on my HP: How do I change the sign in name on my HP, the wrong email was put on the screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-hp/6fc1ba57-8eaa-42ec-be3a-a8f49bcca439
  4. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  5. Change administrator sign-in name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change administrator sign-in name: I got married and want to change my log-in surname. After several attempts I am still stucked with my maiden name. Please help. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-sign-in-name/4cbe0aac-a317-4f1f-b5f1-7fce71faa8d8
  6. sign-in name can't be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign-in name can't be changed: I'm so confused cuz I can't change the sign-in name ;_; The name on account info(administrator) is different from the sign-in one. I wanna change the sign-in one. Please help me ;_; Thank you soooooo much!! [ATTACH] [IMG]...
  7. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  8. How do I change my sign in screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my sign in screen name: How do I change my sign in screen name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-sign-in-screen-name/176d068e-651e-4421-afaf-61a39362eadc
  9. Sign-in name change

Sign-in name change: Hi- I'm trying to change my sign in name. My account name states it as what I want it to be, but the change isn't reflecting when I sign into my computer. I tried restarting the computer my it still says my old name!...
  10. change name on sign in window

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change name on sign in window: How do I change name on sign in window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-on-sign-in-window/ee585bb8-2f4e-4c41-98cc-6a224b9a8b03"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in screen change name