Windows 10: changing name on start screen

Discus and support changing name on start screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i bought an old laptop ,in which previous owner name come on start screen how to change it or remove it please help fast... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rohit Banga, Feb 12, 2020.

1. changing name on start screen

i bought an old laptop ,in which previous owner name come on start screen how to change it or remove it please help fast

:)

Rohit Banga, Feb 12, 2020

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

Angela Pun, Feb 12, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

changing name on start screen

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile changing name on start screen :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

changing name on start screen

1. changing name on start screen - Similar Threads - changing name start

2. How to change name on welcome screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change name on welcome screen?: My name on the welcome screen is User. I do not know how to change it! Does anyone know? I have already tried to edit my name and have changed it multiple times to see if that was it and it wasn't. Please help!...
  3. Name on the screen to start up the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name on the screen to start up the computer: Can anybody tell me if the computers we are using are to make our lives easier and faster, why then when I start the computer I have to click on my name in front of the screen to sign in when I am the only one using it???...
  4. Name on the screen to start up the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name on the screen to start up the computer: Can anybody tell me if the computers we are using are to make our lives easier and faster, why then when I start the computer I have to click on my name in front of the screen to sign in when I am the only one using it???...
  5. Start screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen name: Hi guys,I am using a local account on my PC and on start-up my name comes up with the incorrect spelling. How do I edit it so I have the correct spelling of my name on start-up.Kind regardsjkeXZ...
  6. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  7. Change account name on login screen

Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  8. changing name on sign in screen

changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  9. Unable to change name on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...