Windows 10: changing name on start screen

Discus and support changing name on start screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i bought an old laptop ,in which previous owner name come on start screen how to change it or remove it please help fast... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rohit Banga, Feb 12, 2020 at 9:02 AM.

1. changing name on start screen

i bought an old laptop ,in which previous owner name come on start screen how to change it or remove it please help fast

:)

2. How to change name on Sign-in screen

Hi Lynn,

The steps to change your name that appears on your sign-in screen depend on the type of the user account that you're using. If you're using a Microsoft account, here are the steps to change your name:

• Press Windows logo key + I
      buttons on your keyboard to open the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Click the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser.
    • Click the Edit name link on the main page.
    • Change your name, then hit OK.

To change or edit your name for your local account, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start, then choose Control Panel.
    • Click User Accounts twice.
    • Select the account, then click Change the account name.

Update us if it addressed your concern.

3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

4. Kreij Win User

changing name on start screen

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile changing name on start screen :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Thema:

changing name on start screen

1. changing name on start screen - Similar Threads - changing name start

2. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  3. Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen

Change name of Microsoft account in sign-in screen: Hello, How can I change the name of Microsoft account in sign-in page to another name? In fact, we use Microsoft account for sign-in but another name show in public sign-in page. Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 change name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 change name on login screen: How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-name-on-login-screen/faab31e5-4502-4761-ab1f-c2adc79c57e4
  5. change name

change name: A friend gave me his old comp windows 10 I changed the pass word and my photo but it still shows his name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name/e81b1762-4e87-48a3-9a1f-28beed99e716
  6. Change start up screen

Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  7. Change start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  8. changing name on sign in screen

changing name on sign in screen: I bought a used computer from pawn shop when I plugged in sign in screen came up with what I believe must be old user is it possible to remove name and install my name so I can use?...
  9. Unable to change name on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...