Windows 10: changing network profile

Discus and support changing network profile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to change my network profile from public to private but I see no way to do this. Is there a way to change it and how is it done?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by k4dkx, Oct 12, 2019.

1. k4dkx Win User

changing network profile

I want to change my network profile from public to private but I see no way to do this. Is there a way to change it and how is it done?

:)

k4dkx, Oct 12, 2019

2. Change network profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to try the below steps to change a Private network to Public, and check if it helps.

• Click on the Network icon on the notification area, click
      Open Network Setting
    • Double Click on network location.
    • Turn “on”, Find devices and content.
    • Close.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Change Network Profile

I don't think this quite answers my question.

If the network is recognised as a public how do i change it to a private network.

You were suggesting

• Under Private networking, check mark .Turn on Private networking.

the network is recognised as Public. What would changing Private network settings do?

• Click on save changes.

You can also refer the below chart.

Change network profile :

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change advanced sharing settings.

are you suggesting change the public network settings?

GavinScott, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

changing network profile

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

changing network profile

1. changing network profile - Similar Threads - changing network profile

2. Network Profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Profiles: Hello, i have one single pc at home no other local networks or other computers just one for internet use some gaming and such things. Just a single router for internet connection that's all. Which profile is better to use private or public? Thank You!...
  3. Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows network profiles are broken - changed profile to private multiple times, will not...: For whatever reason I have a network one of the unidentified networks which I have repeatedly changed to private however Windows absolutely will not change it from public. I have rebooted, logged in and out etc. The network profile shows it as private but the firewall shows...
  4. Wireless network profile changes

Wireless network profile changes: I am running Win10 build 19041 and all of my wireless network profiles are automatically configuring to public and the option to change to private is not working, as if there is a setting somewhere that is locking out that option to change. Before I start deep diving into my...
  5. Network Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Profile: Can someone tell me which setting would be the right one for the network Profile on my PC. Public or Private? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/bde2b4ae-9274-4692-b8bb-5746e36a3f16
  6. Network profile

Network profile: Hi, how do I change my network profile from public to private? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/561c7f3b-3e13-4552-9f27-af04dca021de
  7. Network profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Network profile: Might be a stupid question, if I change to private, does that mean people on my network (family PC members) can send stuff to my printer, see my folders (Documents, Downloads, and so on)?...
  8. network profile

network profile: how can I change my network from public to private, I tried many times but it keep changing to public. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/0111bc1f-d6f6-40cc-ab68-d18ccbc1d56a
  9. Network profile

Network profile: as my profile name change my network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-profile/853cd79c-d364-447e-93f6-499a55cae9d5
  10. Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Network Profile Name in Windows 10 How to Change a Network Profile Name in Windows 10 The first time that you connect to a network, Windows automatically creates a network profile and stores it on your computer. Your computer can then automatically...