Windows 10: CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....

Discus and support CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS..... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased - through Microsoft Store - an app for "sounds" that can be used on the computer for new mail alerts, a smartphone, and others.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WishBoy14, Dec 26, 2019.

1. WishBoy14 Win User

CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....

I recently purchased - through Microsoft Store - an app for "sounds" that can be used on the computer for new mail alerts, a smartphone, and others.

I had to convert the sound from MP3 to WAV format. I currently use Thunderbird for my email server, and have made the necessary changes in Thunderbird to use this new alert sound. {The "test" was successful and completed.} But, when I get emails, instead of hearing the "new" alert sound, I am still getting the original burp sound that I believe is from Windows - it was the sound I received BEFORE making the changes in Thunderbird.

Can anyone tell me how to change the default new mail alert sounds in Windows through <Settings>?

Thank you so much !!

:)

WishBoy14, Dec 26, 2019

2. sound alert for outgoing mail

Hello,

We would like to gather additional information to better assist you with your inquiry. Please provided the answers to the questions below:

• What email client are you using, is it the Outlook desktop app or the Mail app?
    • What is your concern with the sound alert for outgoing mail?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the articles below for additional assistance with sound effects in Outlook:

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 26, 2019
  3. text message alert sounds?

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• When you say ‘’cannot find how to set text message alert sounds’’ are you referring to setup a particular sound/alert for the message or there is no sound alert at all when you received the message?
    I also like to inform you that, you cannot setup a different alert sound except the inbuilt sound alert. If you refer to setting up your choice sound alert, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 26, 2019
  4. CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....

e mail alerts

Hello,

Try these steps:

To turn on and turn off email notifications, follow these steps:

• From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
    • Scroll to and tap Settings.
    • Tap ringtones+sounds.
    • Tap manage app sounds.
    • Tap the email account.
    • Tap the Notification sound field.
    • Select the desired alert option.

Smittychat., Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS.....

1. CHANGING NEW MAIL SOUNDS / ALERTS..... - Similar Threads - CHANGING MAIL SOUNDS

2. Annoying alert sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying alert sounds: I sometimes get bugged by recurring alert sounds with no indication of what is causing them. Is there a way to find out what is causing these sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-alert-sounds/e987d981-6b37-45a1-a127-bdb58ea2ed4e
  3. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  4. Wierd alert sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd alert sound: Keep getting a weird alert sound every so often my cursor flashes and then everything goes back to normal, don’t know what causes this I reset pc and problem still there. Help submitted by /u/StoleYourPillow [link] [comments]...
  5. New email sound alert

in Windows 10 Customization
    New email sound alert: I would like to hear a sound alert when a new email arrives, as I used to, but it doesn't work with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-email-sound-alert/146c579b-7638-4d84-9982-50555df6c1bf
  6. Windows Mail Alerts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail Alerts: Please provide instructions for removing or editing alerts. Using the Lock Screen is not a solution. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-alerts/3d624608-cf58-45a8-a823-895a3bfae08e
  7. Windows sounds / alerts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sounds / alerts: Lately my computer has when I am not sitting there, waking up and then coming a lot of sounds. I have tried and turned off the mouse to wake up the computer but it does not seem to help at all. how do i do that the computer just wakes up via the keyboard and nothing else?...
  8. Mail alert

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail alert: What's this ? I have a lot of mail like this everyday. What'wrong with my mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/mail-alert/6b60dcb6-5d5c-4a32-a68c-e29af929ed67
  9. New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    New Mail Alerts in Outlook 2016: I am running Outlook 2016 under Win 10. Under all previous versions of Outlook I have be enable to increase the time a new email alert stays on the screen by editing the registry like this. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\DesktopAlerts DWORD:...
  10. Outlook 2016 Does Not Show New Mail Alerts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Does Not Show New Mail Alerts: Outlook 2016 Windows 10 Version 1607 build 14393.321. I get no new email alert on my HP Laptop when a new email comes in. On my desktop using the same W1-build I do. Outlook 2016 shows up in Settings/system/Notifications/Get notifications from these senders. I have the...