Windows 10: Changing number labels for monitors

Discus and support Changing number labels for monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dave395PC, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Dave395PC Win User

Changing number labels for monitors

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.254)

I have a setup using 3 monitors, and originally they were numbered correctly (1,2,3, going left-to-right). However, after reformatting my computer, the numbers have changed themselves to be 1,3,2 going left-to-right.

Changing number labels for monitors 8770a941-3c03-4b88-ac34-848e0a491da0?upload=true.png

This is very annoying for programs that use the second monitor because they instead appear in my third.

:)

Dave395PC, Sep 9, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Assign monitor Numbers

Hi,

If you're pertaining to making Acer screen as the monitor 1 and the other is 2, you can just have them interchanged by going following the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop screen > Display settings.
    • Under "Select and rearrange displays", just drag the monitor basing on your choice of number; then, click on "Apply" button after.

If the above given information is not what you're pertaining to, let us know so we would know the next action we can give you.

Update us after doing the steps.

John Sarc, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Changing number labels for monitors

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Changing number labels for monitors

1. Changing number labels for monitors - Similar Threads - Changing number labels

2. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change numbered order of monitors: Hi all,I've been trying to find a way to change the numbered order of my two monitors for an hour now and I can't find any solutions. To make things clear, I'm NOT looking to change the primary display - that's simple, easy, and I can do that. The problem is that my primary...
  3. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change numbered order of monitors: Hi all,I've been trying to find a way to change the numbered order of my two monitors for an hour now and I can't find any solutions. To make things clear, I'm NOT looking to change the primary display - that's simple, easy, and I can do that. The problem is that my primary...
  4. How to change numbered order of monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  6. How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you change assigned monitor numbers ?: This is the current state, I want the number 2 to be number 1. Let me clarify however:- I am NOT looking to swap positions of monitors/ dragging them around, this is their correct configuration- I am NOT looking to change the main display I simply want the assigned number to...
  7. Any way to change the number designation of monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any way to change the number designation of monitors?: I use a Toshiba Dynadock to connect to my monitor from whichever of my 3 NUC's I am using. 2 are Win 7 Pro machines and they work fine, but my new Win 10 Pro (19042.928) pc won't play nice at all. After hours of fiddling and searching, I'm pretty sure I know what the problem...
  8. Change Monitor number and make it default

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor number and make it default: I recently added a second monitor. Now when I access certain programs it appears on the new monitor EVEN THOUGH THAT MONITOR IS TURNED OFF!. How do I let me know to use the active monitor? FTI I also have Displayfusion installed - - - Updated - - - I recently added a...
  9. Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the number of a monitor?: Hi everyone I use a dual monitor setup one for gaming and one 12bit hdr panel for productivity. Usually my gaming monitor would be on the right but I've switched the monitors around as I get about 60 fps on all my games anyway so I'd prefer to play them with colour accuracy...
  10. Multiple monitors - change fix its number?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple monitors - change fix its number?: Hello. I need to change the physical number of my monitors. I have 3 different monitors different sizes and connections connected to my machine. I cannot move the monitors to different positions. desk space limitations Currently they are identifying 3 - 2 - 1 I need to...