Windows 10: Changing of administrator account

Discus and support Changing of administrator account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SatyamSharma5, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Changing of administrator account

recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id. also i have tried adding family member option but it created 2 user profiles that i dont want. please help in this issue.

:)

SatyamSharma5, Feb 10, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Feb 10, 2022
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 10, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Changing of administrator account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Changing of administrator account

1. Changing of administrator account - Similar Threads - Changing administrator account

2. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  3. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  4. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing guest account to administrator account: Hi thereI am unable to use administrator settings even though I am using the only account on my computer which is considered a guest account. I got typing in Windows Run: "netplwiz" and changing my account permissions to "Device Owner"Now I cannot reset the computer or use...
  5. Changing guest account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Changing of administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing of administrator account: recently i bought a laptop where at the store they made me knew microsoft id for activation of microsoft office home and student. but when i went into settings i wanted to change my administrator id but could not find any option. please help me how to change administrator id....
  7. Changing Account to be Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Account to be Administrator: After changing my account to be the administrator it still does NOT work I still need permission to delete files. What gives? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-account-to-be-administrator/dcfe4257-6f20-4915-bc9c-9b168699d634
  8. Change Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Administrator Account: How do I change the Administrator on my 'New' PC? I want it to be the same as on my other, 'Old' PC. this will enable to Sync the two PCs. I am the sole user on both PCs. Thank you. [Original Title: Administrator change.]...
  9. Changing Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Administrator Account: I have a bit of a dilemma. I purchased a new laptop last year while I was teaching at a university. I initially set up my administrator account through my university account since it used Office 365. I subsequently left the university and, since I had been using a PIN to...
  10. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...