Windows 10: Changing Offline Files Location

Discus and support Changing Offline Files Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adlai Dyson [TechVerse], Oct 15, 2022.

1. Changing Offline Files Location

Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the local hard drive. is there any possible way to change the location of the offline files folder eg to another connected hard drive?Thanks

:)

Adlai Dyson [TechVerse], Oct 15, 2022

2. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

Hi,

You may change the location of the .tmp file by following the steps provided below:

• Go to This PC.
    • Right-click This PC, and then select Advanced System Setting.
    • Click Environment Variables.
    • Under system variable, double-click tmp and change the path for the file of your reference.

If the location still can't be changed, we suggest that you post it on our
    MSDN forum
    . We have highly technical users and IT professionals there that can address your concern.

Feel free to contact us if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Oct 15, 2022
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 15, 2022
  4. Changing Offline Files Location

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2022
Thema:

Changing Offline Files Location

1. Changing Offline Files Location - Similar Threads - Changing Offline Files

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. Change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  4. Changing Offline Files Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Offline Files Location: Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the local hard drive. is there any possible way to change the location of the offline files folder eg to another connected hard...
  5. Changing default file location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing default file location: Dear All, Is there any DOS command that can change the default of C:\Users\ to another drive location ?Pls advise Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-file-location/b3587943-e145-4402-8e37-a92ebe876302
  6. change location of ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change location of ost file: How do I change the location of my outlook 365 OST file from the default C: to D:\myOST I do not have room on my W10 SSD on C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-location-of-ost-file/dceed523-0582-4326-be3b-684cc3023344"
  7. Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Mail (Outlook.com) Offline files location: Outlook Mail can be used offline and it stores files for the Inbox and Drafts and other folders some where. Anyone know where? 43160
  8. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  9. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  10. Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving,...