Windows 10: Changing on-screen backgrounds

Discus and support Changing on-screen backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, remember that I am a tech "dinosaur".With Windows 7, I could go into "backgrounds"and CHOOSE which pictures I wanted as my background, on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by clyde2364, Jun 2, 2021.

1. clyde2364 Win User

Changing on-screen backgrounds

Okay, remember that I am a tech "dinosaur".With Windows 7, I could go into "backgrounds"and CHOOSE which pictures I wanted as my background, on my monitor/display.The pictures that I UN-checked would not be used, by my "display.IN Windows 10, however, I cannot find sucha "selection".HOW do I tell Windows 10 to show only those pictures thatI CHOOSE?

:)

clyde2364, Jun 2, 2021

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Login Screen Background Change

Hi,

Windows 10 has an easy way to customize your login screen background. To get started follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Lock screen settings.
    • Click it from the search result and you should see the available options to change the background image.

Changing on-screen backgrounds 41f64c00-dbff-4cde-8391-308ce31786c4.png
    Don't hesitate to respond if you need more help.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Changing on-screen backgrounds

Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Changing on-screen backgrounds

1. Changing on-screen backgrounds - Similar Threads - Changing screen backgrounds

2. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  3. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen background not changing: When I was changing my lock screen background, I was expecting to see a slideshow of pictures I taken but instead I was greeted with a Windows XP background. I am so confused on why this had happened as I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as well as I already had...
  4. Lock screen background not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  6. Changing Lock Screen Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Lock Screen Background: I currently have my lock screen background set to a slideshow with a mix of some of my favorite art and photography. However, Windows seems to have chosen a 'default' image that it returns to when I click to sign in - it also always starts the slideshow with this image,...
  7. Changing Lock Screen Background

8. Changing the lock screen background

Changing the lock screen background: I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to change the lock screen but the box to choose an image is greyed out and I have a red message saying 'some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation.' This is weird as this is my personal...
  9. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  10. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815