Windows 10: Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

Discus and support Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Erika Gaspar, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change pin, however it keeps saying error try again. The password meets the requirements and it is written correctly on both inputs. I can skip for now and log in however I have to do this step every single time i turn on and off my computer. I have updated, checked sign in options in the settings and i have got an error message " this device doesn't meet your organization's requirements for windows hello" At this point i would like to remove the pin but

:)

Erika Gaspar, Apr 5, 2023

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Apr 5, 2023
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

1. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working. - Similar Threads - Changing setting pin

2. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  3. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  4. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.: When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change pin, however it keeps saying error try again. The password meets the requirements and it is written correctly on both inputs. I...
  6. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.: When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change pin, however it keeps saying error try again. The password meets the requirements and it is written correctly on both inputs. I...
  7. setting up pin doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up pin doesn’t work: Hello! So I tried resetting and rebooting my laptop for a couple of times already. But the pin set up still isnt working when I’m doing so. my fingerprint is not working either. It says I need to setup pin but kept getting the same error message that microsoft cannot set up...
  8. Pin set up not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  9. Pin set up not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  10. Pin set up not working