Windows 10: Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions

Discus and support Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I actually have three questions. I want to change or turn off some functions. 1) I have had a problem with inadvertently printing out a number of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chuckpierson, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions

I actually have three questions. I want to change or turn off some functions.

1) I have had a problem with inadvertently printing out a number of the same character because I have a tendency to leave my fingers on a key when I read something. I came across a function that sets a delay between the time that I hit a key until the time that the computer prints the first character on the screen. That did not solve my problem, but now I am aggravated every time that I type because of the delay. I have never been able to find the screen that I used to set that function so that I could remove the delay. Can anybody help me to locate the dialog box that I used to set the delay?

2) I have been typing for almost 6 decades and I have never used the arrow keys function on the number keys. I always lock my numeric keypad. But there are a number of things that automatically undo the numeric lock and it is very frustrating to have the computer move my cursor to some unknown position when I go to type a number. Is there a way to really LOCK the numbers keys or to disable the arrow key functions on the numeric key pad?

3) I am 74 years old and am house bound with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a fancy name for emphysema) and I am never going to be able to fly again except perhaps in an ambulance helicopter. I have a problem with "airplane mode". Either I inadvertently hit the key to turn it on, or there are some things that I do that turn it on. It is very frustrating to have my wi-fi turn off when I am doing something using the internet (about 85% to 90% of my computer usage). Is there any way to permanently disable airplane mode, or at least to disable the airplane mode key on the keyboard? FYI I have worked on IBM mid range and mainframe platforms for over 20 years, 5 of those years as head of the IT department of a multimillion dollar branch of a Forbes 500 company.

Thank you in advance for your expertise and assistance,

Chuck Pierson

:)

chuckpierson, Aug 18, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 18, 2019
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions

1. Changing or Turning Off Some Microsoft Functions - Similar Threads - Changing Turning Off

2. Some problems in turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems in turn off: What is the meaning of...
  3. Some problems in turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some problems in turn off: What is the meaning of...
  4. Touchpad turn off/on function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad turn off/on function not working: Hello guys,I've a MSI GP62M 7RDX LeopardMy device has this function that supports turning on and off of my touchpad.The combination is FN + F3 but recently it isn't working anymore. The other combinations are working fine. I've tested the F3 button and that works too but the...
  5. Touchpad turn off/on function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad turn off/on function not working: Hello guys,I've a MSI GP62M 7RDX LeopardMy device has this function that supports turning on and off of my touchpad.The combination is FN + F3 but recently it isn't working anymore. The other combinations are working fine. I've tested the F3 button and that works too but the...
  6. Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to turn off shortcut function keys?: So basically i bought a laptop but the function keys (f1-f12) they all have shortcuts for example f10 lowers volume and f1 puts laptop on sleep mode and f2 applies airplane mode and so on, is there a way to turn this off? submitted by /u/NM_XDD [link] [comments]...
  7. Can I turn off the start button function?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I turn off the start button function?: It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start menu. submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod [link] [comments]...
  8. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...
  9. Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turn off Touchscreen's pinch/zoom function: I have a Dell 3030 and 3050 All in one that is running Windows 10. They have the 1809 Fall update installed and we are using an application as a kiosk. These machines have a touchscreen and NOT a touch pad. Is there a way to turn off the pinch/zoom gesture for the...
  10. Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning OFF?: Hello, I run Win 10 Version 1803 build 17134. 165. The Service Function Discovery Provider Host keeps turning itself off and when that happens, sharing functionality is broken. I had it set to Automatic, and started it but it kept turning off. I also tried setting it...