Windows 10: Changing page numbers

Discus and support Changing page numbers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliGumberg, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Changing page numbers

How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2?

Thank you

:)

AliGumberg, Jan 23, 2020

2. page numbering

Hi sbi33. Welcome to the TenForums @sbi33

What product are you using, sounds like Word, which year.

Not sure what year you are using, here are instructions for 2013.

Could I suggest you start a new document, make it simple a word on each page, say three pages long. Then in Word 2013, which would be like 2016, click on Insert along the top, then page number, then bottom of page. There should be page numbers on all pages. Is there?

The ribbon should change to Header Footer Tools, then click Page number and then Format page number and choose start on page 2. Did this work.?

If the above worked then there is formatting within your current doc that is restricting pages. If it didn't work then I would suggest there is something corrupt within your app.

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 23, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Changing page numbers

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Changing page numbers

1. Changing page numbers - Similar Threads - Changing page numbers

2. Page numbers on Front matter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Page numbers on Front matter: I have 14 pages in front matter separated from the rest of the manuscript by a page break.Within these front pages, I have some section breaks.I need to place a page number on two pages in the footer both pages are the second and last page of a section. I have not found a way...
  3. Page numbers on Front matter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page numbers on Front matter: I have 14 pages in front matter separated from the rest of the manuscript by a page break.Within these front pages, I have some section breaks.I need to place a page number on two pages in the footer both pages are the second and last page of a section. I have not found a way...
  4. Page numbers on Front matter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Page Numbering for Open Office

Page Numbering for Open Office: I know how to place a page number when using Open Office, but it does NOT seem to add the page numbers as new pages are added to a document. Is there any way to have this happen? 182246
  6. Page numbers

Page numbers: How do I get rid of the page number on the bottom of the document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/page-numbers/8bf43c12-1a14-403e-ac13-4f767cd6a3b3
  7. Page Number Help

Page Number Help: Hi this may seem like a trivial question to some, however while trying to insert a page number header into a word document I appear to be getting some form of crazy ass text. Please tell me there is a simple solution and I don't have to submit an assignment with it on :(...
  8. How to change Number of emails per page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change Number of emails per page: I have ALL my emails on one page. I want to go back to very old emails and selectively delete on a limited number at a time by using SELECT all for ONLY that page. How do I put limited email per page....
  9. Page numbers in Gujarati Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page numbers in Gujarati Fonts: Hi In Word document I would like to use Gujarati language to insert the Page numbers. At the moment I am getting English Page number. I looked at the option and saw Hindi Option but no Gujarati option. Can any one help to insert page numbers in Gujarati ? Thanks....
  10. page numbering

in Microsoft Office and 365
    page numbering: trying to number pages in a doc. the first page number to start on the sixth age. Followed the Microsoft doc titled " start page numbering later in your document" It is refusing to number all the pages just attaches a number to page 1. Tried removing page number and tried...