Windows 10: Changing password on child's account

Discus and support Changing password on child's account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarkAllenSmith, May 18, 2019.

1. Changing password on child's account

I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the form that asks for passwords used in the past or email addresses that have received messages from us. Accessing the Control Panel > Family & Other People does not work. The child's account is listed but IT IS PASSWORD PROTECTED. As the Parent and Administrator, I should be able to change the password from my account. Please show me the easy fix I am missing. Or, improve your product. How can we change the password?

:)

MarkAllenSmith, May 18, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 18, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Child Account Password

Hello Michael,

The method of changing the password for a child account is similar to that of the other accounts. I would suggest you to refer to this
    link to reset your child's account.

Should you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to post back.

John Vil, May 18, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Changing password on child's account

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Changing password on child's account

1. Changing password on child's account - Similar Threads - Changing password child's

2. Changing an adult account into a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  3. Cannot reset child account password

Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  4. Child account password forgotten

Child account password forgotten: Hi, we set my child up with an email account so he could access some online information on his playstation. We have never used this email but it is linked to my family account. He needs to access his email to verify his playstation log in but has now forgotten his password....
  5. Changing child password for Family Safety

Changing child password for Family Safety: Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no...
  6. Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?

Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?: What is wrong with this feature? I added a child account some time ago, and everything was alright, but I deleted it some time after. I removed it, and its data completely from the windows and made sure there was no trace of it. My account was administrator and the head of...
  7. Child account

Child account: In a family account does each member have their own username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account/d65f128a-8426-4d48-92ac-49c946496ea8"
  8. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...
  9. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  10. How to change admin account to child account

How to change admin account to child account: Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account as a...