Windows 10: Changing password on link accounts

Discus and support Changing password on link accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I get the warning that I need to update my password on link accounts. This is on my PC with Windows 10. Any help?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScottieEmerson, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Changing password on link accounts

I get the warning that I need to update my password on link accounts. This is on my PC with Windows 10. Any help?

:)

ScottieEmerson, Apr 7, 2021

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Changing password on link accounts

How to change the login password for the account?

Hi Gregor,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging into the computer with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

If you would like to change the password for the Microsoft Account, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps.

Change or reset your Windows password

If you would like to change the password for the local account, please follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" and now the Start Menu will appear, click on your account on the top, and then select
      "Change account settings".

• You may also select
      "Settings"
      on the Start Menu, click "Accounts" to open the Accounts settings.

• Choose "Sign-in options" on the left panel, and then click on
      "Change" button below Password on the right panel.

• Now Enter your current password and click on
      "Next" to continue.

• Enter and reenter your new password, and enter the password hint, and then click on
      "Next" to modify your user local account password.
    However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows +
      R.
    • Type netplwiz.exe
    • Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.
    • Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Changing password on link accounts

1. Changing password on link accounts - Similar Threads - Changing password link

2. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  3. Account password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  4. Account password change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account password change: This microsoft account password thing makes setting up windows and all of that so much easier...The thing that gets me is that it's good account and password security to change your password regularly, but if you're using the MS account password on your pc, every time you...
  5. Problem with link to reset Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with link to reset Account Password: Hello - I have been trying to rest a Microsoft Account Password. The information I provided has ben verified through Microsoft security and a link sent to allow me to reset the password. When you click on the link it takes you to 'Reset you password' when you then can enter...
  6. Change windows activation linked account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change windows activation linked account: I have a laptop with windows 10 home activated. It reads as `Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my account`. But now I want to do a fresh install of windows with a new Microsoft account.Will the windows get automatically activated when I use a new account...
  7. Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype

Change of Password on My Microsoft Account Now Means Link to Skype: Hello, I wanted to change my password on my Microsoft account and when I started to do so, I noticed a message that said once I change my password my Skype account will be linked to my Microsoft account. I would prefer not to have them linked. Will changing the password now...
  8. Change account password

Change account password: How do I change the local account password to log into my computer while staying logged into my Microsoft account? I use a much more simple password for logging into my computer than I do for my Microsoft account because I have to type it in via memory a lot, whereas I use...
  9. change an account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    change an account password: how do I change a user password from the administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-an-account-password/415b08cb-595c-4949-b24e-09faffdf1b84
  10. Link Account but keep local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link Account but keep local password: I recently linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows 10 Pro installation to make sure I don't lose my license key once I upgrade a few pieces of hardware in my desktop. What I was not informed of anywhere on that settings page, was that on my next log in, I would be locked...