Windows 10: Changing pc components affect windows activation?

Discus and support Changing pc components affect windows activation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im going to swap components from 2 of my computers.Almost everything the cpu ram mobo and gpu,but not the hardrive.Both of my pcs have activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chong yee zhen, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Changing pc components affect windows activation?

Im going to swap components from 2 of my computers.Almost everything the cpu ram mobo and gpu,but not the hardrive.Both of my pcs have activated windows on them so if i swap the components between them will remove my activation?or is there anything i need to do.

:)

chong yee zhen, Oct 12, 2018

2. Cannot Active Insider Preview Program After Reinstall

Hi,

Failure to activate the Insider Build Preview can be caused by a change on your device configuration or a possible corrupted component. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? You can type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify the build.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

In addition, we suggest that you check the Feedback Hub for related submission regarding the builds that were affected by some activation reported issue. Confirm if the build that you're trying to activate is one of the affected
    builds and check the comment section for suggested solution.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 12, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

4. Changing pc components affect windows activation?

Activate Windows

Hi Justin,

Corrupted update components could be one of the several factors why you are experiencing a continuous loop after updating. If you are getting a message that says you need to activate Windows, we suggest checking this
    article and follow the steps listed under
    Activating after reinstalling Windows 10.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you need additional assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Changing pc components affect windows activation?

1. Changing pc components affect windows activation? - Similar Threads - Changing components affect

2. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivation after changing components: i upgraded the motherboard in my computer and it is now asking me to re activate windows Error code: 0xC004F211 when i go through the app i get to the end and i get a message Unable to activate Windows We can’t activate your copy of Windows because the digital licence for...
  3. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivation after changing components: i upgraded the motherboard in my computer and it is now asking me to re activate windows Error code: 0xC004F211 when i go through the app i get to the end and i get a message Unable to activate Windows We can’t activate your copy of Windows because the digital licence for...
  4. Reactivation after changing components

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows Activation After Changing PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation After Changing PC: Hello there,I bought a prebuilt PC with a windows 10 license approx 2018. Recently I've been upgrading my parts and have moved my W10 installation to an SSD. Before doing this I'd had to search up how to check where my windows activation key is since the unit didn't come with...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after old PC Died and most components replaced

Windows 10 Activation after old PC Died and most components replaced: Hi Team. My old pc died and I purchased new components, CPU, motherboard, disk drives and memory sticks. In error I believed I should delete reference to my old PC in my Account. Apparently, this is the wrong thing to do. My old PC is in bits and n. ot useable. How can I...
  7. Tablet PC Components

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet PC Components: Hi everyone, I have written a software using Visual Basic Express a few years back when Windows XP was used in our company. Now that all our PC have been upgraded to Windows 10, I would get random crash with tiptsf.dll as the culprit. This is related to Tablet PC...
  8. Windows Security change affecting PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Security change affecting PowerShell: The recent (1/8/2019) Windows security patch CVE-2019-0543, has introduced a breaking change for a PowerShell remoting scenario. It is a narrowly scoped scenario that should have low impact for most users. The breaking change only affects local loopback remoting, which is a...
  9. Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?

Change Device ID (Machine ID), will it affect activation?: Dear Community, I want to change my device ID (machine ID) via regedit. But I want know whether it will affect the Product activation or other authorisations. I have installed Windows 10 and activated. Please advice....
  10. Ransomware affects Windows Activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware affects Windows Activation: Hallo, I saw a post about Ransomware now focusing on Windows Activation which started from early Aug until now and i'm using Win 7 and linux mint as dual boot and i want to know when will this Ransomware come to an end? Thank you Kindly! [Original Title: Ransomware]...