Windows 10: Changing PC Name

Discus and support Changing PC Name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have several PC's that need to have the names changed. These PC's are part of our network, will there be any adverse effects to the network access?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PHerrin, Mar 18, 2020.

1. PHerrin Win User

Changing PC Name

I have several PC's that need to have the names changed. These PC's are part of our network, will there be any adverse effects to the network access?

:)

PHerrin, Mar 18, 2020

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Mar 18, 2020
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Changing PC Name

change pc name

Hi,

To change the computer name, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button.
    • Type View advanced system
      settings
      and press Enter.
    • Go to Computer Name tab.
    • Click Change.
    • Enter the new name.
    • Click OK to save the changes.
    • Restart your computer.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Changing PC Name

1. Changing PC Name - Similar Threads - Changing Name

2. Win 10 Network Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Network Name Change: I have the latest home version of Windows 10. I would like to change my network name from "Network 3" to something more meaningful to me. I have searched the internet and have found 2 solutions neither of which will work with my installed Win 10. One solution was to make a...
  3. Change name of Ethernet connection

Change name of Ethernet connection: How do I change the Name of my Ethernet Connection? Currently it has the same name as my WiFi 2.4Ghz connection ( have a dual band router so I also have a 5Ghz connection). [img] I know how to rename my Local Area Connection: netsh interface set interface name="Local...
  4. One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers

One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers: One drive changed my name of my pictures to numbers how do i change this back ? Now i have to look at all of the numbered pictures to find the ones i had names for....
  5. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  6. How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020: Hi all, After my windows 10 device did an update without asking, I can't seem to find the option to change my sender's name of the mail app in windows. It used to be under Settings -> Manage Account -> Change mailbox sync settings But now it seems to be gone and I cant...
  7. Is there a way to change the name of this user file without breaking things?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the name of this user file without breaking things?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pookias [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpni33/is_there_a_way_to_change_the_name_of_this_user/
  8. Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1909 changed my user folder name from C:\Users\NH to C:\Users\NH.000, and...: The problems, immediately after the update: My user folder, C:\Users\NH was originally empty except for an un-hidden AppData folder that eventually leads to C:\Users\NH\AppData\Local\Temp, which has five files in it: WMZuneComm.etl.001 WMZuneComm.etl.002 WMZuneComm.etl.003...
  9. Why does Windows 10 change a folder name to Documents?

Why does Windows 10 change a folder name to Documents?: I recently decided to move my own documents out of the folder called Documents which I think of as "My Documents" and I created a separate folder I called MyDocs which is under Documents. I did this because many tools are now adding their own folders to Documents and it is...
  10. Mostly successful windows user name and folder change - some anomalies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mostly successful windows user name and folder change - some anomalies: First, I think it's kind of annoying that microsoft makes a 1-1 relationship between a local user name and your microsoft account. I have 2 separate PCs with windows 10 pro, and I don't think I should have to work so hard to have 2 different user names on them tied to one...