Windows 10: Changing PC ownership

Discus and support Changing PC ownership in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Scientist44RE, May 16, 2022.

1. Changing PC ownership

I recently acquired this Dell Windows 10 computer from a friend who bought himself a fancy new gaming PC. How do I transfer the Microsoft account from him to me?. I want to be able to use some of the software he purchased or downloaded. I also need to renew the Microsoft Office software in my name and pay for it with my credit card. A complication is that his account I do have the login for it is locked because he downloaded and saved some inappropriate files without looking to see what they were. He tried explaining that to MS, but they would not unlock the account. In summary, how do I get

:)

Scientist44RE, May 16, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 16, 2022
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Changed Ownership of C:\ and Can't Fix

Hi Greg,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you with this concern, we would like to know the following information:

• Which account is the new owner of the C drive?
    • Are you using an account with administrator rights?
    • Have you tried changing the ownership back to yourself?

In the meantime, let's try taking back the ownership by following the steps provided by
    BurrWalnut in the following thread:
    Is there a way to take ownership of my C drive?

You may also perform a repair upgrade using a
    Creators Update ISO
    file. This method can repair broken operating system files while preserving your files, settings and installed applications. For more information and steps on how to perform a repair upgrade, kindly refer to the wiki article created
    by Andre Da Costa on the following link:
    How to perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 16, 2022
  4. Changing PC ownership

Ownership Issues

that will not hurt taking ownership, but I would also then look in the list of users on the ownership page and make sure your user account name is there with full permissions. Probably not.

even though you take ownership of an item, you may not be in the list of users with permissions.

first select disable inheritance, then select "ADD" in the list of users, and add your user account the same way you took ownership and select full permissions.

Then administrators may only have select permissions in the list. so after you disable inheritance, delete admins user. then select add again and select admins in the list and select full permissions

restart pc

seahawks65, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Changing PC ownership

1. Changing PC ownership - Similar Threads - Changing ownership

2. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...
  3. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't change file ownership: Whenever I try to change file ownership for a file it doesn't let me. Changing permissions is also not possible.What I would like to do is change the file permissions, but whenever i do it asks me to provide administrator permission, even though i am the administrator and all...
  4. I can't change file ownership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.: Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out...
  6. Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.

Change ownership is grayed out, how to fix that.: Hi,I need to delete the scan history of my WIN11 install. I had some files that I removed from the AV scan, still, windows says it needs to take action against it even tho the files are long goneso here comes my second problem other than Windows is stupid and figure that out...
  7. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  8. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...: My permissions and the owner keep changing without my knowledge and without me actively changing anything of this nature.When attempting to follow fix relayed here related to the soon t be called Core 2 Users Windows Apps Broken By Update Disaster, I am locked out of Windows...
  9. Ownership and permissions of my drives and my folders change without my knowledge and I am...

10. Why can't I change the ownership of my own file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the ownership of my own file?: I am trying to change the permission of the Scan folder in the Windows Defender, but my access is denied. I tried to follow the instructions, but non would work....