Windows 10: changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud

Discus and support changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; see the subject line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DenisDuBay, Jul 24, 2021.

1. changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud

see the subject line

:)

DenisDuBay, Jul 24, 2021
  2. DWG4 Win User

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Hi reader,

I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC.

I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder

However, i cant delete any of these jpegs from the iCloud Photos folder.

Is there a permission i need to over rule?

Thanks,

D.

3. AmsterCam Win User
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

Hi there,

I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud
    to the Windows laptop. I've tried removing / reinstalling the iCloud for Windows app many times but that doesn't help. Apple support concluded that the problem was caused by OneDrive, as the iCloud Photo download folder goes via Onedrive (but no possibility
    to change it). They got met to add a new "Test" user to my Windows laptop with admin rights. When I set up iCloud drive with this Test user, it seemed to start working fine and downloaded photos from iCloud correctly.

Also, there are multiple copies of the iCloud Photos folder showing in Windows Explorer (all empty), below the iCloud Drive icon (see below).

How do I delete all of the iCloud Photos folders and get my photo's to download correctly from iCloud to my Windows laptop?

changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud de544fb9-29ea-4859-8d5e-91c9d7c9bbdc?upload=true.jpg

AmsterCam, Jul 24, 2021
  4. changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud

Cannot complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard

Hi,

I have downloaded my music from a knowhow cloud storage onto my new laptop. It has appeared in my downloads, but when I try to extract the data, I receive the message "cannot complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard.

The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped folder.

Please are you able to advise?

Other potentially useful info:

I'm on windows 10 using a new laptop

the file size is 4GB so there is something in it

when I double click on the file, I receive message - "windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) folder 'folder name' is invalid

any help would be great...

ChrisNelson7, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud

1. changing permissions in order to extract photos from a compressed folder downloaded from iCloud - Similar Threads - changing permissions order

2. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  3. DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOWNLOAD VIDEOS FROM ICLOUD PHOTOS: I cannot sync my videos from iCloud into local disk. I met the Error 0x800701AA and I dont know how to fix it and download my data. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos-from-icloud-photos/19d1f8ee-f3c2-4a57-8f09-63cb25a8c659
  4. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  5. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...
  6. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

7. Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10

Deleting photo's and Videos from the iCloud Photos folder within Downloads on Windows 10: Hi reader, I recently downloaded a number of photos from iCloud onto my Windows 10 PC. I have shifted the photos into my Pictures folder and I am now trying to delete these photos from the iCloud Photos folder within the Downloads Folder However, i cant delete any of...
  8. How to download photos from iCloud?

How to download photos from iCloud?: I cannot save photos that downloaded from iCloud. Please… I just click on Open but cannot save https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-photos-from-icloud/d42c4782-3520-407b-b307-724b9b4ccf54"
  9. Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC

Downloading Photos from iCloud to PC: I downloaded photos from I cloud and clicked on open instead of save....what/how I get in saved ***Original title: photos from i cloud*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-photos-from-icloud-to-pc/24f9b4e3-db65-4897-855e-4fc6c439a15e
  10. Download from icloud

Download from icloud: I haven’t used my itune app for more than a year so i updated it to the latest version then signed in again but retrieving/downloading my music files from icloud gets an error message from each of them. Internet connection is perfect but sometimes noted as the problem. Error...