Windows 10: Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

Discus and support Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I set the background picture from Photos not pictures it always comes out as in fill mode, not fit which is what I would like it to be. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveChrischilles, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

When I set the background picture from Photos not pictures it always comes out as in fill mode, not fit which is what I would like it to be. How can I change this setting to "fit" so it will always be in this mode. If I change it manually it still will be "fill" when I enter another picture. Thanks for any help.

:)

DaveChrischilles, Jan 11, 2021

2. change size of background wall paper+it is a custon wallpaper(my picture)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps you to
    change size of background wall paper.

a) Right click on the desktop screen.

b) Select personalize and click on Desktop Background at the bottom of the screen.

c) Select the image and change the picture position to Centre from the drop down list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Picture set turn background to slideshow

Hi Henry,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Can you outline the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur with other images as well or only the one saved in the desktop?

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below to change the slideshow option and check.

1. Go to the Settings application

2. Click on Personalization, select Picture from that top dropdown

If the above did not help, change the background picture that you have set and check.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

personalising background pictures

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings,
    • Click Personalization
    • Highlight Background and scroll down toward the bottom and click Browse.
    • Select the picture or photo to set as background.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos

1. Changing picture size setting when setting background from photos - Similar Threads - Changing picture size

2. When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color: I can't change my wallpaper to certain files that I used before. It's frustrating that I can use other images but cannot use others even though it has the same dimensions and file extension....
  3. When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color: I can't change my wallpaper to certain files that I used before. It's frustrating that I can use other images but cannot use others even though it has the same dimensions and file extension....
  4. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  5. Background's picture size change

Background's picture size change: Hi, I have a problem with background's picture size. I want my background's picture stay in size "center" but each time I restart my computer the background's size switch on "thumbnail" vignette in French size. I don't succeed to fix it. Thank you in advance. Cyrille....
  6. Background's picture size change

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Settings Panel changes size

Settings Panel changes size: Last coouple weeks my Settings panel changes size. Not sure what is causing it. When I open it, it comes up Maximized. If I minimize it, it goes to about 1/3 size it "normally" is (see screenshot). If I resize it then reboot its OK and is the same size, but at some point...
  8. background settings change on reboot

background settings change on reboot: I have an HP laptop Windows 10 with all of the drivers updated. Desktop personalization background is set to picture fit to screen. everytime I reboot the setting reverts to background solid color. How do I stop this?...
  9. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229
  10. reduce picture size on background

reduce picture size on background: how do i reduce the size of the background picture 57973