Windows 10: Changing PIN without being logged in.

Discus and support Changing PIN without being logged in. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having trouble logging in to my Microsoft account because I don't remember my pin. When I click on 'forgot my pin', it tells me to change the pin... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bruhmoment_014, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Changing PIN without being logged in.

I'm having trouble logging in to my Microsoft account because I don't remember my pin. When I click on 'forgot my pin', it tells me to change the pin using the settings on the account. However, I am not logged in so I can't. The account I am trying to login to is my second account, so I don't have any access to it except through the Xbox app.

:)

bruhmoment_014, Apr 11, 2020

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Changing PIN without being logged in.

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Changing PIN without being logged in.

1. Changing PIN without being logged in. - Similar Threads - Changing PIN without

2. Cant log in without canging pin, but cant change pin without internet. And i have no internet.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in without canging pin, but cant change pin without internet. And i have no internet.: I can't log into my pc. I upgraded my Motherboard to Asus Rog Strix b550f. When i tried to launch the pc everything went fine. But as i was about to log in it sayd that i had to change Pin code. I tried it but i had no internet conection. And there are no other log in...
  3. Cant log in without canging pin, but cant change pin without internet. And i have no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in without canging pin, but cant change pin without internet. And i have no internet.: I can't log into my pc. I upgraded my Motherboard to Asus Rog Strix b550f. When i tried to launch the pc everything went fine. But as i was about to log in it sayd that i had to change Pin code. I tried it but i had no internet conection. And there are no other log in...
  4. Cant log in without canging pin, but cant change pin without internet. And i have no internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot log into windows without PIN.

Cannot log into windows without PIN.: Hello,I have resent this question for the third time after the first two did not work, I am having issues logging into my personal Microsoft account, when I try to log into apps like Word or One note, Windows prompts me for a PIN, I was never given any PIN, I have tried...
  6. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin: I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL. THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the...
  7. PIN log in without pressing enter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN log in without pressing enter: Windows 10. I have one PC that I enter my PIN and it logs in without my having to press the "enter" key. I have another PC that I enter my PIN and then must press "enter" before it logs in. What do I need to change to get the 2nd PC to log in like the 1st PC (not having...
  8. PIN log in without pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    PIN log in without pressing enter: Windows 10. I have one PC that I enter my PIN and it logs in without my having to press the "enter" key. I have another PC that I enter my PIN and then must press "enter" before it logs in. What do I need to change to get the 2nd PC to log in like the 1st PC (not having...
  9. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  10. Logging in without using a PIN

Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what security changed my pin