Windows 10: changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

Discus and support changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my laptop goes into sleep mode ever 1 minute and I have to enter my PW every time to get back on the display screen, so if I am reading on the display,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lorriDarst, Jun 20, 2019.

1. changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

my laptop goes into sleep mode ever 1 minute and I have to enter my PW every time to get back on the display screen, so if I am reading on the display, I hae to click the screen every minute to keep it unlocked, and I have tried to chage the power settings but when I when I click on change power plan, I get a message power information isn't available. Also, I can't add a wireless printer, I just get a message that print isn't available, and when I trouble shoot, I get the make sured everything is up to datre, yet that is what is causing all my problems all these updates are screwing up my dam computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

lorriDarst, Jun 20, 2019

2. changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

my laptop goes into sleep mode ever 1 minute and I have to enter my PW every time to get back on the display screen, so if I am reading on the display, I hae to click the screen every minute to keep it unlocked, and I have tried to chage the power settings
    but when I when I click on change power plan, I get a message power information isn't available. Also, I can't add a wireless printer, I just get a message that print isn't available, and when I trouble shoot, I get the make sured everything is up to datre,
    yet that is what is causing all my problems all these updates are screwing up my dam computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lorriDarst, Jun 26, 2019
  3. changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

Hi Lorri

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

Hit Enter

Exit

As for the wireless printer...

I remember when I was adding my HP Wireless printer to my Surface Pro, I had a similar issue.

What I initially had to do was physically install the printer using USB and the driver software attached to my Surface Pro, then after that, it picked up the printer on the network wirelessly and I was able to print from across the room

Andre for Directly, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer

1. changing power mode, and adding a wireless printer - Similar Threads - changing power mode

2. adding a printer via wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    adding a printer via wireless: After many years of the same internet provider, I finally ditched them and signed up for new service.I had my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 added on my workgroup with a wireless connection. I updated the printer and connected it to the new wireless connection, but my printer kept...
  3. adding a printer via wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer via wireless: After many years of the same internet provider, I finally ditched them and signed up for new service.I had my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 added on my workgroup with a wireless connection. I updated the printer and connected it to the new wireless connection, but my printer kept...
  4. adding a printer via wireless

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. adding a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding a printer: Im trying to connect a new wireless printer and its not showing up even under 'advanced search' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-printer/8ab36212-160f-40e6-9517-d3fb8eee0486
  6. THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MODE

THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MODE: when I want print from whatsapp THE PRINTER CHANGE TO FAX MOD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-printer-change-to-fax-mode/db0878ec-7470-4461-9334-b39885a87e74
  7. Changing printer to online mode

Changing printer to online mode: It is HP, model 5255. I cannot change it to online. Please, help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-printer-to-online-mode/9858b0f7-9b72-444e-8e0d-81ce932d39f0
  8. Adding a Wireless Printer to my Android phone

Adding a Wireless Printer to my Android phone: I want to add my Canon MG3100 series wireless printer to my android phone... Can i do that? I'm not totally ignorant about who to do this, I'm just having some minor technical difficulties ;-) Thank you for your assistance! Angie...
  9. Need to change connection for Wireless printer

Need to change connection for Wireless printer: My modem was upgraded to a hub and the wireless connection and password were changed. Now my printer is not connecting as it still has the old settings. Anyone know how I can change these settings please? I have windows 10 laptop. Wireless printer is EpsonSX235W. I have tried...
  10. Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10: How to: Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10 How to Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapters in Windows 10 The Power Saving Mode setting under Wireless Adapter Settings in Power Options allows you to control the power saving mode of wireless...