Windows 10: Changing power via command prompt

Discus and support Changing power via command prompt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a command that could be entered into command prompt to change the battery settings to "best performance"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by harishSelvakumar, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Changing power via command prompt

Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a command that could be entered into command prompt to change the battery settings to "best performance" or to "best battery" . I know that there are ways to change the power plan by using power cfg -s, but I wanted to change the battery performance slider the slider can be opened by clicking on the battery icon in the task bar, not changing a power plan. Thanks for your help!

:)

harishSelvakumar, Jan 4, 2021
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Changing power via command prompt

Command prompt font size is tiny and can't be changed

Hi,

To resolve your concern regarding the Command Prompt font, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start button on your computer.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type sfc /scannow, and then press Enter.
    • Wait for the scan to finish.
    • Try changing the font size again.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Changing power via command prompt

1. Changing power via command prompt - Similar Threads - Changing power via

2. Unable to access directories via Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access directories via Command Prompt: I need to use Command Prompt, but when I add the directory, I get this error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I've made sure C:\Windows\32 is included in the Environment Variables under "Path", but I can't...
  3. Command Prompt Name Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  4. Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the power mode slider via script or command line?: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  5. Change Power Mode via script or command line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Power Mode via script or command line: Does anyone know of a way to change the new Power Mode settings via a script (CLI, PowerShell, etc)? See the screenshot. I'm referring to the new slider in Windows 10 that switches between "Battery Saver","Recommended","Better Performance", and "Best Performance". I'm not...
  6. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  7. Command prompt suddenly appears after power on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Command prompt suddenly appears after power on?: Sometimes I suddenly get a command prompt after I have turned my laptop off and on again The program then appears several times in different windows directly after each other and then disappears again What could be the reason for that? Many thanks in advance...
  8. IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell: Hello, I'm looking for a way to check PC's IP Geolocation by using command prompt or powershell (no scripts). I hope there are some experts here who can help me out. I have found a very easy to do it on UNIX systems but my main machines will be Windows 7/8.1/10 based....
  9. Command Prompt Experimental changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Experimental changes: Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab? I've tried it at many different settings and I just can't see a use for it. 2127
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838