Windows 10: Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm

Discus and support Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Xbox support website seems to have no way to access the privacy settings, and everywhere I click to access those privacy settings all lead to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CharlieSBS, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm

The Xbox support website seems to have no way to access the privacy settings, and everywhere I click to access those privacy settings all lead to the Xbox support website. Either how does one navigate the support website to change the privacy settings, or how does one get to a different website to change them?

:)

CharlieSBS, Mar 27, 2020
  2. You15415 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Joining Realms is impossible

I was recently sent an invite to join a Windows 10 minecraft realm; however, when I attempted to accept it I was told that

You cannot play online multiplayer through your Xbox Live account because of how your account is setup. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com.

When I went over to my privacy setting it was already set to able to join through Xbox live.

Additional info

I have an adult account

This is Windows 10 mine craft so no Xbox gold is needed.

I am able to join multiplayer servers and a friend's non-realm world, just not able to accept the invite

Any other question I would be happy to answer and will check back soon.

You15415, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Can't join a Minecraft Realm in Windows 10 Edition

We appreciate you for replying back to us. We just need to double check your privacy and online safety settings in your Xbox account because the said error message on the game occurs if the multiplayer option is blocked under
    Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab. Since we validated that it's all good, I suggest that you try creating a local user in your Windows 10 computer. This will help us to check if using a local user will allow you to join Minecraft Realm.
    You may refer to this link for the steps.

In addition, you may follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link for Minecraft Realm connection
    issues. If the issue persists, I recommend that you contact Mojang Support team for further assistance. They will us investigate what's causing you unable to join realm in the game. You may refer to the
    Related Issues section on this link to reach Mojang Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Scoson Win User

Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm

Unable to join a Minecraft realm on childs account

Hi there,

I have an adult Microsoft account for Win10 and I have created child accounts for my daughters, also on Win 10. One daughter can accept my Minecraft realm invite and join the game fine but my other child cannot on their account. I first made sure both child
    accounts had the same permission but it didn't help. Then I set the child account to full permissions but still cannot accept invite nor join the realm. I amended permissions on the general privacy tab in "family" for my daughters account and also the Xbox
    360 and Xbox One tabs, though I understand it works on the Xbox One account primarily for Win 10 Minecraft. To be clear, this is on the Sign in to your Microsoft account page.

We can see the invite, but when clicking on it, it says:

error: You cannot play online multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This can be changed in your privacy & online safety settings on Xbox.com.

If I launch the realm on my computer, my daughter can see it in the Minecraft Friend's tab under Joinable Friends. When she joins, she gets an error message saying:

Failed attempting to join realm. Please try again later. Unable to connect to realm.

Again, my other daughter can access this fine and I've tried amending every setting in both the Microsoft Family and the Xbox website setting, but no joy.

We are all on the same version of Windows 10 Minecraft and also Windows 10 plus latest updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we're entirely out of ideas and things to try now.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Family

Scoson, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm

1. Changing Privacy settings to join a Minecraft Realm - Similar Threads - Changing Privacy settings

2. Minecraft Windows 10 cannot join realms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 cannot join realms: I cannot join realms on Minecraft Windows 10 edition, and cannot find anywhere to add my parent's account so that they can enable that ability. I have clicked every link that I can find relating to this kind of problem and it just doesn't work and I end up getting stuck in a...
  3. Minecraft Realms join error 1.16.100

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Realms join error 1.16.100: 'Realms Update Pending Within 48 Hours' This is what i see when i attempt to join my friends realm. The issue? I've been seeing it since the month ofNovember. I think you can see the problem. My friend has completely restarted the realm, replacing the world and seed yet to no...
  4. Minecraft Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minecraft Privacy settings: So today i downloaded minecraft bedrock edition on my pc but i can't play it because of the privacy settings and i don't know how to change them. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-privacy-settings/f033e9bd-9570-410d-806c-bc3a46ca7723
  5. Why can't I join minecraft realms?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I join minecraft realms?: I restarted Minecraft and It still doesn't work. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-join-minecraft-realms/3cf3d5fd-4ca1-4c84-ab49-774b38e14774
  6. Minecraft Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Privacy Settings: How can I add friend someone in Minecraft, when it keeps saying I can't because of how my account is set up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-privacy-settings/53dc6e43-2213-4e15-a80c-0f7a10987cfd
  7. Change privacy settings in Windows to play Minecraft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change privacy settings in Windows to play Minecraft: When I click on play in Minecraft, it says to change the Microsoft account settings to allow multiplayer. What settings exactly must I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-privacy-settings-in-windows-to-play/0afbb1b1-7ee8-401f-a9e0-3e24090091a7
  8. Trouble joining a Minecraft Realm on Pocket Edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble joining a Minecraft Realm on Pocket Edition.: Hello. I’m on Minecraft Pocket Edition, and am having extreme trouble in joining a realm with friends. I have the ability to play multiplayer games, but I cannot join realms. When I attempt to, it says “you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft...
  9. Minecraft Privacy Settings -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Privacy Settings -: Son cannot play online - getting a privacy issue. Can anyone help resolve? I logged on a unblocked a number of things but still no joy. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-privacy-settings/1e6cff3a-e0ca-4e66-afc5-81de5d242f89
  10. Xbox privacy settings and Minecraft Realms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox privacy settings and Minecraft Realms: Hello. A friend sent me an invitation to his realm but I cannot join. It tells me I have to change my privacy settings. However, the "Join multiplayer games" option is already allowed. The only two options that are blocked are "Broadcast gameplay" and "You can create and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. changing privacy settings on minecraft

2. what xbox privacy settings to allow minecraft realms

3. what needs to change on x-box privacy settings to be able to play on realms

4. what x box live settings do i need to have enabled to allow realms