Windows 10: CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

Discus and support CHANGING PRODUCT KEY in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by victoriamorgan2, Sep 15, 2021.

1. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a product key that was given to my boyfriend for his university, but it constantly has me change my password and won't let me download apps I want so I would like to buy a new one. Thank you!

:)

victoriamorgan2, Sep 15, 2021

2. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Sep 15, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Sep 15, 2021
  4. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

1. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY - Similar Threads - CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

2. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  3. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  4. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product key wont change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key wont change: I have two laptops and two different product keys, I accidently used the same key for both laptops and every time I change it, it says product activated but nothing happens the product key doesn't change....
  6. change product key

change product key: i can't find the 25 digits to change the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-product-key/c1055548-6369-42ba-9073-fa109cd71145"
  7. Change Product Key

Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  8. Changing product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing product key.: I recently got a hp computer with windows already installed on it, and I would like to install a game called roblox. it is insisting that I need to change my product key, but to do that I need a 25 digit code. it says I will either have an email or find it on the packaging,...
  9. Product Key Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Changing: If I change my product key can I rechange it back to the original product key without loosing my data?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-changing/5e8ae58a-d728-4b81-94ca-4d4fb54a26f8
  10. Cant change product key?

Cant change product key?: When I click on change product key, I got some sound, settings freeze, and thats it. Bug? 12407