Windows 10: Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors

Discus and support Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I was wondering if there was a way to change the projection settings to only enable 2 of 3 monitors. As it stands, when I press windows + P I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fai4276, Jan 3, 2022.

1. fai4276 Win User

Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors

Hello,I was wondering if there was a way to change the projection settings to only enable 2 of 3 monitors. As it stands, when I press windows + P I can either enable all three monitors, or just one.In the image attached, I would like a setting to enable displays 1 & 2 only while having 3 off, or even having display 2 & 3 while having 1 off. I am not sure if this is possible, but if it is, does anyone know how? Monitor 2 is my main monitor.

:)

fai4276, Jan 3, 2022

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 3, 2022
  3. projecting to a monitor

Hi,

The issue that you’re encountered regarding the display size when you use a different monitor on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the resolution from the
    Settings to make it compatible with the larger monitor that you are using. To do this, you may proceed with the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • On the Windows Settings search bar, type resolution.
    • If you're using Windows version 1607, select
      Change the screen resolution.
    • For version 1703 and 1709, select Change the resolution of the display.
    • Under the Resolution section, change the resolution which is similar to the monitor that you are using.
    • Once you’ve changed it, you may check if you’re able to use the larger monitor properly.

Note: You may go to the manufacturer’s website of the larger monitor that you are using to determine which resolution you are going to choose.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 3, 2022
  4. Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 3, 2022
Thema:

Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors

1. Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors - Similar Threads - Changing projection settings

2. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  3. 3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor Setup: Monitor 2&3 Are lagging when gaming on Monitor 1: Hi,I have Win 11 23H2 x64 running on:Ryzen 9 7900x3d, RTX 2080ti, 64gb DDR5 RamThe system operates on a 3 Monitor Setup all 144hz or higher.obviously i want to use my 3 monitors while gaming so I play on main monitor and additionally watch a stream or videos on second...
  4. Is there a better way to manage 3 displays? Project only has controls for 2 monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a better way to manage 3 displays? Project only has controls for 2 monitors.: Hi all any help would be greatly appreciated,I run a three monitor setup, one ultra wide in the middle, and one monitor either side, one of which is vertical, my middle monitor has two inputs, one of which is my pc connected to the other two monitors 1,2 and other input is my...
  5. Is there a better way to manage 3 displays? Project only has controls for 2 monitors.

Is there a better way to manage 3 displays? Project only has controls for 2 monitors.: Hi all any help would be greatly appreciated,I run a three monitor setup, one ultra wide in the middle, and one monitor either side, one of which is vertical, my middle monitor has two inputs, one of which is my pc connected to the other two monitors 1,2 and other input is my...
  6. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  7. Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3

Monitor identity change, or project only to display 3: I am wondering how to change monitor identity, or failing that I am pleading with Microsoft to add a new feature, you see...When I press windows key + P, I get the option to display only on monitor 2 and this was fine, as my main monitor was monitor #2 before, but now I have...
  8. Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing projection settings to enable 2 of 3 monitors: Hello,I was wondering if there was a way to change the projection settings to only enable 2 of 3 monitors. As it stands, when I press windows + P I can either enable all three monitors, or just one.In the image attached, I would like a setting to enable displays 1 & 2 only...
  9. 3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 Monitors, 2 backgrounds: I have a 3 monitor configuration, 2 large side-by-side with a smaller touchscreen below. I would like to span 1 background across the 2 monitors that are side by side and have a separate background for the 3rd monitor. Is this possible in Windows 10? Spanning puts the 1...
  10. cannot setting 3 monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    cannot setting 3 monitor: I installed Win 10 and install amd driver 15.7.1. after install, I could not open or find ccc and I can not multi-monitor setting (I use 3 monitors). my computer spec, amd fx8150 , asus v srosshair, ram corsair dominator, vga HD 7950 crossfire. help me 15886