Windows 10: Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Dell XPS 13 7390, x64, Microsoft Windows 10 Home, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 core, bios: 1.4.0, latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sa_lb, Feb 21, 2020.

1. sa_lb Win User

Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10

Hi there,

I have a Dell XPS 13 7390, x64, Microsoft Windows 10 Home, IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 core, bios: 1.4.0, latest version, 16,0 GB. I need to change my setting from RAID to AHCI, but want to avoid a new installation of Windows 10 preinstalled.

I found two possible solutions, but I'd like to receive more help:

• msconfig > Safe boot > "minimal" here, alsohere which I tried but caused me a big issue with local account it simply didn't recognize my password even though I'm 100% sure I was typing it right -- tried with screen keybord as well

• regedit > various setting changes as I found here.

I wonder if there is someone here who tried one of these and can share his/her own experience?

I was going to try the second one, but I've never tried to edit the register.

Plus, I don't see the exact same option showed in those tutorials *, so I don't want to mess it all up!

thanks!

* MY DIFFERENCES:

• Steps 3-5: on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorV my "Start" value is already 0 instead of 3

• Steps 9-11: same already 0 instead of 3

• Step 12: it seems from here that it should be already in 0 for me is 3 instead

:)

sa_lb, Feb 21, 2020

2. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST?

PhillipPitalo, Feb 21, 2020
  3. DJKatz49 Win User
    AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows in WIN10

Registry tweaks are available for changing from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows for earlier versions of Windows.

However, the edits (such at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/922976 ) do not apply to Windows 10.

Anybody know the registry edits that work for Windows 10?

DJKatz49, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Funkyecat Win User

Changinr Raid to AHCI

I don't have Raid! I want to change to AHCI. When I trie normally it won't boot.

Funkyecat, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing RAID to AHCI without reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing RAID AHCI

2. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  3. How to change from raid to ahci?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from raid to ahci?: Hi , I want to change my sata ssd controller form raid to ahci.. I watched many solutions , all of them told to boot to safe mode and then enter bios to change raid to achi.. But the problem is that i am having a laptop where the bios is only having simple settings , no...
  4. AHCI or RAID?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AHCI or RAID?: Hi there, I am about to install Windows 10 onto a single 4.0 NVMe M.2 as a clean installation and I want to know if I should set the SATA control to AHCI or RAID? This is not a RAID set up just one single 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD card. Thank you, Robert....
  5. Change from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change from Raid to AHCI: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 -7000- i5- 7573 came with SSD SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 256GB-1012 card, ok! in the Bios it is in Raid mode, and I would like to change it to AHCI, is it possible to make that change? Thanks JP...
  6. How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10

How to change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10: How do I change from AHCI to RAID without reinstalling Windows 10, so I can use a MSATA SSD for caching with IRST? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-ahci-to-raid-without/0d2b9a8a-f8d8-4a67-ac73-9fab3f217d03
  7. Switch from Raid to AHCI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch from Raid to AHCI: Is there a way to switch from Raid to AHCI without losing everything and having to reinstall Windows again? 104898
  8. AHCI or RAID

AHCI or RAID: Hi. I have just purchased a Dell XPS 15 Laptop with a single 512gb SSD. I am wanting to clean install Windows 10 but am unsure whether to place the BIOS in RAID or AHCI? I have heard the read/write SSD speeds are similar once in windows. Would one of these interfaces...
  9. Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop

Changing from AHCI to RAID causes boot loop: I have a MySN XMG U716 (Clevo P775DM1) that I got with two 256Gb Samung 951 NVMe PCIe SSD's, initially in RAID 1. I later decided to break this RAID array because I wanted the extra 256Gb for games etc, and I broke the array by setting them to Non-Raid but leaving RAID mode...
  10. WIndows Reinstall Switch From RAID to AHCI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Reinstall Switch From RAID to AHCI: Hello all, My laptop (specs listed in other under system specs) uses a Samsung PM830 SSD. Samsung Magician says it doesnt support this drive, even though the online documentation says it does. The only reason for this that Ive been able to find is because the laptop is set...