Windows 10: Changing registry prior to install?

Discus and support Changing registry prior to install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm expecting to do quite a few installs soon, I want all the same registry edits for every install, to save time, is there a way to edit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cacoecacoe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Changing registry prior to install?

Hi, I'm expecting to do quite a few installs soon, I want all the same registry edits for every install, to save time, is there a way to edit the install media just once instead of doing this manually for every install? I know I could just make a large.reg file, but this would be more elegant.

submitted by /u/cacoecacoe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cacoecacoe, Feb 22, 2020

2. How to restore registry values?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can perform system restore and check if it helps:

Perform System restore.

I suggest you to perform system restore and select a date prior to the changes which was done with the registry values and check if the issue gets fixed.

To perform System restore:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      System.
    • In the left pane, click on System Protection.
    • Select the option to system restore
      > next. It will show all restore points already created.
    • Select the date prior to the date on which you have made the registry changes.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Try the above step and let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Changing registry prior to install?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Changing registry prior to install?

1. Changing registry prior to install? - Similar Threads - Changing registry prior

2. Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Default Program Installation Directory Using Registry Editor: I'm trying to change the default program installation directory on my laptop to my D drive. Everything I've read online said to just change the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 to the new drive path, however, do I not need to change the other directories to the D drive...
  3. Manually install 20H2 prior to 21H1 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually install 20H2 prior to 21H1 - possible?: Hi all - I procrastinate installing major updates to my systems, and I finally installed 20H2 on my desktop a few weeks ago. However, I was just about to install 20H2 on my laptop and saw it is no longer available (only 21H1 in Windows Update). I found a manual download of a...
  4. how to preview an update prior to installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  5. Prior emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prior emails: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  6. Remove prior ubuntu install

Remove prior ubuntu install: Question for the gurus out there. I recently "upgraded" to the latest MS version of ubuntu 18.04 from the app store. I tried to do an upgrade from 14.04, and it failed miserably. Now, however, I have two versions and apparently, the 14.04 version is the "default, though I...
  7. Undo registry changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo registry changes: So some time ago I made a .reg file to change the windows default font. How do I undo these changes? Like it works but not all the time, sometimes there are these block placeholders in some places. I followed this guide. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/HighwayMcGee...
  8. storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation

storing windows 10 on a stick prior to installation: How much space will I need? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storing-windows-10-on-a-stick-prior-to/826eaff3-3fb0-486e-9b84-8a528ad8421e
  9. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  10. Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?

Upgrade PC's prior to Win 10 install ?: I have two older PC's running Win 7 Pro (32 & 64 bit). We want to add a number of in the box(s) upgrades...like Motherboard...Graphic cards...SSD's etc. My question is does it matter if we do all this 1st before Win 10 upgrade...or can I change the 2 boxes after the 10...