Windows 10: Changing resolution in PC games

Discus and support Changing resolution in PC games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with opening Games with resolution that is not set on my PC previously. For example if my current resolution is 1366x768 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Player754504847, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Changing resolution in PC games

Hello

I have a problem with opening Games with resolution that is not set on my PC previously. For example if my current resolution is 1366x768 and game is on 1280x720 my game will minimize after I start it. Can somebody help me?

It's on Windows 10

Thank you in advance

:)

Player754504847, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Changing resolution in PC games

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Changing resolution in PC games

1. Changing resolution in PC games - Similar Threads - Changing resolution games

2. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  3. game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game in fullscreen resolution change to 4k: Hi, I connect my laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable. Both laptop and external monitor resolution is set to 1920x1080 with 120hz refresh rate on the external monitor. Currently I'm using the external monitor as the main display.The problem is whenever I opened some...
  4. My pc resolution is not changing.

My pc resolution is not changing.: My monitor is 2k 165hz but i cant use it in that way anymore. When i changed my resolution to 4k i cant go back to 2k 165hz, now i am using it 2k 60hz, can anyone help me?...
  5. My pc resolution is not changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc resolution is not changing.: My monitor is 2k 165hz but i cant use it in that way anymore. When i changed my resolution to 4k i cant go back to 2k 165hz, now i am using it 2k 60hz, can anyone help me?...
  6. Changing resolution before start a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing resolution before start a game: HiWhen I start a new game such as rdr2, the resolution is not set and is too big and after few second screen goes off. Until I close the game with alt f4, than I have my screens back....
  7. Changing resolution before start a game

Changing resolution before start a game: HiWhen I start a new game such as rdr2, the resolution is not set and is too big and after few second screen goes off. Until I close the game with alt f4, than I have my screens back....
  8. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  9. Game continues to change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game continues to change resolution: I have a game on my PC called Hollow Knight. Whenever I launch it, my screen resolution changes from 1366 x 768 to something closer to 800 x 600 or so. This is annoying. Is there a way to lock my screen into a certain resolution? I have already tried using specific Steam...
  10. Resolution Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution Change: I recently installed a new monitor with 1920X1080 resolution. Windows preset resolutions do not include this particular configuration. How can I set the computer so that it recognizes this new setting?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change game resolution pc

2. game resolution changer