Windows 10: Changing resolution in second monitor

Discus and support Changing resolution in second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DennisBidwell1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Changing resolution in second monitor

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out how to do so. Help? Thank you.

:)

DennisBidwell1, Apr 15, 2020

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 15, 2020
  3. second monitor resolution

Everything worked great until I moved my computer. Now, I can not change the resolution on my second monitor. I am using

Windows 10. The resolution bar, only on monitor #2, is greyed out. I tried switching the monitors but either one is stilled greyed out when used as #2. Monitor #1's resolution can be changed , no problem.

Paul m Stark, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Changing resolution in second monitor

Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work.

Also, as soon as I unplug the first monitor the original resolution works again.

Pixelshroom, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Changing resolution in second monitor

1. Changing resolution in second monitor - Similar Threads - Changing resolution second

2. I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've tried to change the resolution on a VGA second monitor now it's broken: I have my computer set up for 2 monitors no gpu one is connected to the HDMI port, the second connected to the VGA port. At first both monitors were working fine but the VGA monitor was on a low resolution. I've changed the resolution on the VGA screen so they both output...
  3. Can´t change the resolution of my second monitor, by separate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can´t change the resolution of my second monitor, by separate: Hi community, I have been trying to use my old tv as a second monitor, with the intention to mirror the screen of my laptop, the tv has an hdmi port, i have some issues that i cant resolve.I wanted to mirror the screens so i didnt think that the fact that they appear to be...
  4. Display resolution on monitor changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  5. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  6. Second monitor has wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor has wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  7. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...
  8. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...
  9. Can't change monitor resolution

Can't change monitor resolution: During the install Windows 10 chose an incorrect monitor size. It chose a 19" and I have a 25". The resolution is set to 1024x768 nothing is displaying correctly. I need a 1900x1200 resolution but the drop down selector is greyed out and gives me no options other than the...
  10. Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change

Resolution of second monitor messed up after resolution change: I changed the resolution of my second monitor (Emmrson 19" TV, my first monitor is a BenQ 27") and now it no longer fits on the screen, even if I put it back to the resolution it was in before. I have tried to change the scaling on it but that didn't work. Also, as soon as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit aspect ratio of second screen

2. cannot move documents to second monitor in windows 10