Windows 10: Changing resolution modify desktop open windows.

Discus and support Changing resolution modify desktop open windows. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have changed my monitor to a 4K one (3840x2160), everything is perfect with my office applications but the problem arises when I run a game at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by teddy1011, Nov 25, 2020.

1. teddy1011 Win User

Changing resolution modify desktop open windows.

I have changed my monitor to a 4K one (3840x2160), everything is perfect with my office applications but the problem arises when I run a game at 1920x1080 and when I exit the game and it returns to the desktop all the open windows that I had, it moves them and makes them smaller for what I have to resize them one by one.
    All this is due to the change in resolution because if I run the game at 3840x2160 when I return to the desktop everything is the same without changes.
    Is there a way for Windows 10 Pro to respect open windows on the desktop when there is a resolution change due to some application or game?
    Thanks in advance

:)

teddy1011, Nov 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 25, 2020
  4. David.P. Win User

Change the Resolution setting on the moniter

Hello, to change your screen resolution, please follow these steps:

1) Open Start, select Settings then select System and then select Display. Alternatively, you can right click the background on your desktop, and select Display Settings.

2) Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."

3) If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402695...

Please let me know if this solves your problem, or you need additional steps.

David.P., Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing resolution modify desktop open windows. - Similar Threads - Changing resolution modify

2. Desktop shortcuts randomly changing and modifying themselves.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts randomly changing and modifying themselves.: I haven't had many errors before where I can't seem to find the source of the problem, however I am lost on this one. Over the past few days the shortcuts on my desktop have been randomly applying themselves with little modifiers like "Shared" or a green tick and then a grey...
  3. Desktop shortcuts randomly changing and modifying themselves.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts randomly changing and modifying themselves.: I haven't had many errors before where I can't seem to find the source of the problem, however I am lost on this one. Over the past few days the shortcuts on my desktop have been randomly applying themselves with little modifiers like "Shared" or a green tick and then a grey...
  4. Desktop shortcuts randomly changing and modifying themselves.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  6. Game Changes Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Changes Desktop Resolution: Hello, I am trying to get Silent Hunter 3 wokring on my computer, but mistakenly de-clicked the full screen option in the hopes that the game would display in full screen stupid, I know. The orginal setting was already on full screen. What I did not know, however, what...
  7. Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution

Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution: Hi! I play a lot of a game called CS:GO. In that game, I use 4:3, which I've set to stretched via the nvidia control panel (I have an nvidia GPU). My desktop resolution is 16:9 1080p. After the 1903 update, every time I exit the game or tab out to another window, my desktop...
  8. Windows 10 Settings - Can't change desktop resolution

Windows 10 Settings - Can't change desktop resolution: Hi, about a week ago, i found out im not able to change the desktop resolution on my Windows 10. By going into Settings->System->Display->Display resolution and choosing one, the only thing it does is changing the scale and size of text and all other items. I know this for...
  9. Desktop resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop resolution: When I load Excel, though the desk top is crisp, the Excel panel is fuzzy (clearly wrong resolution set) When I load Google Earth it tells me that the "Desktop resolution is set to less than 1024X768. Under "Settings" the display is at 1920X1080 so what is wrong? Anyone have...
  10. Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Turns Off and Desktop Resolution Changes: The title probably could use some work. Feel free to edit, anyone, if you know a better one. Here's the deal: I've got a big monitor running the recommended 3840 x 2160 resolution. I have items all over my desktop that I am working with. If I let the screen sleep...