Windows 10: changing router password

Discus and support changing router password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by denis sammons, Nov 29, 2023.

1. changing router password

Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be much appreciated. Kind regardsDenis

:)

denis sammons, Nov 29, 2023

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Dann Ave Win User
    Safely Changing Router Password

HI Sherry,

You should still be able to manage your router's password even with the prompt for the site not being secure. Though if you are unable to completely access your router's gateway, you can use the router's IP.

To get the IP, follow the following steps.

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type: ipconfig /all.
    • On the information that will show, look for DHCP Server, take note of its IP.

You can type the IP to your browser to access your router's gateway.

If you are still having concerns with accessing your router's gateway, best to contact your internet service provider if they are the ones who gave the router, or the router's manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Dann Ave, Nov 29, 2023
  4. IggSter Win User

changing router password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

changing router password

1. changing router password - Similar Threads - changing router password

2. changing router password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing router password: Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be much appreciated. Kind regardsDenis...
  3. How to change router name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change router name and password: Hi! Someone tried to get into my computer's Bluetooth this morning and I'm really creeped out. The name of the device is "View 1". It's made me think there might be cameras here in my new apartment. I'd like to change my router information as it's set to default from...
  4. How to change a new router's name and password on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change a new router's name and password on windows 10?: Hi there, I've recently build a gaming PC and come from windows 8.1 to 10 and i feel like nothing is where i left it. I was wondering if someone could offer a guide on how i can change the wifi network name and the password. I've not been able to find any up to date guides...
  5. How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Wi-Fi Router Name and Password: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Wi-Fi is undoubtedly a great way to keep connected to the internet where ever we go. Today we are all able to interface multiple devices to the internet via the same network without any wires. All thanks to the Wi-Fi [...] This post How to change Wi-Fi...
  6. Change of Router Effect on Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change of Router Effect on Printer: We have a Brother printer that was connected through Wi Fi to my laptop. We just had a new router installed and now the printer is listed as offline. How do I get it to recognise the laptop with the new router?...
  7. How to set password for router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set password for router: Split from this thread. My router is a 10+ year old Netgear router. It used to have a password but is now open. My laptop is a Surface Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-password-for-router/3e4275b2-68d6-4fdc-95ba-baade12e783a
  8. product router network password ..

in Windows 10 Customization
    product router network password ..: How do I retrieve my network password for my WRT Linksys router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-router-network-password/b8ccc383-a0ab-4bf0-a6c4-970e15310e21
  9. Change router password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change router password.: I want to change my password on my internet connection. I can access the router in a web browser. How do I change it on a windows 10 PC? 117211
  10. Virgin Media tells 800,000 customers to change passwords after routers

in Windows 10 News
    Virgin Media tells 800,000 customers to change passwords after routers: Virgin Media tells 800,000 customers to change passwords after routers found vulnerable to hackers Virgin Media has warned 800,000 customers using its Super Hub 2 router to change their passwords because a security vulnerability could expose their passwords to hackers,...