Windows 10: changing safesearch setting

Discus and support changing safesearch setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My safesearch setting automatically was changed to strict and when I try to change it back to off the setting states "we've set safesearch to strict... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pattym2, Jan 25, 2019.

1. pattym2 Win User

changing safesearch setting

My safesearch setting automatically was changed to strict and when I try to change it back to off the setting states "we've set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for safe web browsing" How do I fix this?

:)

pattym2, Jan 25, 2019

2. Family settings impacting safesearch

Hi Joshua,

In order to help you with your concern about SafeSearch option, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What browser are you currently using?
    • Does the issue happens to all browsers in your PC?
    • What search engine are you utilizing when the issue occurred?

If you are using Bing as your search engine, then you may need to turn off the SafeSearch option by following the steps from this link:

Turn Bing SafeSearch on or off.

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Aera Rua Win User
    taking off safesearch

Hi Rebecca,

Turning off SafeSearch is different for every search engines and turning it off will not any filter adult contents, so it might not be safe if there are minors around. Here are different steps in turning off
    SafeSearch:

Cortana

• Click “Windows” icon, then the gear like icon for “Settings”.
    • Choose Permission & History.
    • You’ll see radio buttons under SafeSearch, select your desired permission.

For Bing.com you may follow the steps in this
    article

Following these steps should resolve your concern in searching without restrictions. If you are referring for some other search engines, we recommend for you to check their support site for better assistance.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Aera Rua, Jan 25, 2019
  4. changing safesearch setting

Family settings impacting safesearch

I am using Internet Explorer as my browser but when I tried google it had the same result, and I am using Bing as my search engine.

I tried using the link you provided but as I mentioned in my previous post it results with the message, "We've set SafeSearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference
    for a safe web browsing experience." This meant I was not able to change my safesearch setting.

Joshua Waldrep, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

changing safesearch setting

1. changing safesearch setting - Similar Threads - changing safesearch setting

2. where is the SAVE button in Safesearch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is the SAVE button in Safesearch: To change Settings in Safesearch you have to select Save. Where is Save ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-save-button-in-safesearch/4ce2fdef-20e4-4242-8fac-1c1fde476eef
  3. Turning Off SafeSearch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Off SafeSearch: In ‘Permissions and History’ SafeSearch is Off [ATTACH] Region is set to United Kingdom; Running Windows 10 version 20H2 is installed, in November Windows firewall is off But ‘SafeSearch’ will just not turn off. I did a search for a film review entering “Guardian...
  4. changing the safesearch fliter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing the safesearch fliter: HELP I cant change the safesearch setting!!! I get to the page where the options are but they are grey and wont allow my to select the level that I want. what am I doing wrong ? help sophie...
  5. SafeSearch setting not working

in Cortana
    SafeSearch setting not working: Hello, I hope someone here can help me with this issue: When I search for adult content on the windows taskbar a warning appears telling me that the current settings of Bing's SafeSearch is removing all results that could contain adult content, and that to see those results...
  6. SafeSearch setting not working

in Cortana
    SafeSearch setting not working: Hello, I hope someone here can help me with this issue: When I search for adult content on the windows taskbar a warning appears telling me that the current settings of Bing's SafeSearch is removing all results that could contain adult content, and that to see those results...
  7. Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account

Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account: Recently I have been trying to change safe search settings for bing only to find that it has been restricted. I went into my Microsoft account's Search settings only to find that it is restricted to Strict searching. I have checked my account and as far as I can see I am not...
  8. Issues with Windows 10 SafeSearch and possibly family settings.

Issues with Windows 10 SafeSearch and possibly family settings.: Recently I have been trying to change safe search settings for bing only to find that it has been restricted. I went into my Microsoft account's Search settings only to find that it is restricted to Strict searching. I have checked my account and as far as I can see I am not...
  9. safesearch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    safesearch: how do I lock safesearch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safesearch/fe2696c6-a81d-483a-aea2-ac41c8dbca8d"
  10. Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10: How to: Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10 How to Change SafeSearch Filter Setting in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices, currency conversion, and much moreand get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weve set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience.

2. weve set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience

3. weve set safesearch to strict

4. safe search keeps changing,
  5. set bing safe setting permanently to on,
  6. unable to change safe search settings in bing,
  7. weve set safesearch to strict because,
  8. your country or region requires a strict bing safe search setting UK,
  9. your browseer communicated safesearch,
  10. strict bing,
  11. it said weve set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience. plz help,
  12. safesearch setting,
  13. browser communicated safesearch how to change,
  14. Your current Bing SafeSearch setting ,
  15. change safesearch settings to off