Windows 10: Changing same file text in multiple files....

Discus and support Changing same file text in multiple files.... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Day: I have many files that have the exact same text string in all of them. Below is a list of just some of the files. [ATTACH] As you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve Yokom, May 6, 2019.

1. Changing same file text in multiple files....

Good Day:

I have many files that have the exact same text string in all of them. Below is a list of just some of the files.

Changing same file text in multiple files.... a67ebb15-7aac-4b96-a440-4f82e63bbfa9?upload=true.jpg

As you can see, all the files have "MACF" in them except the very first one. Somehow, I would to be able to change the "MACF" to "MACRO" in all of the remaining files in order to keep them similar. Is there a way to change just a specific text string in multiple file names at one time?

Please let me know as soon as you are able to.

Thank you,

Yok33

:)

Steve Yokom, May 6, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 6, 2019
  3. Squirrely Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Try this snippit in a batch file:

You have to specify where to go with the batch file, which is what the cd command is for. Then, once the prompt is in that directory, the last command lists all of the files (including directories) in the list_of_files.txt text file, since dir is a command, not the directory location. *Smile Changing same file text in multiple files.... :)

Edit: Also, if your directory has spaces, you may have to put the directory in quotes, such as:

Squirrely, May 6, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Changing same file text in multiple files....

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Changing same file text in multiple files....

1. Changing same file text in multiple files.... - Similar Threads - Changing same file

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving multiple files to same drive

Saving multiple files to same drive: I am saving multiple images to the same folder, but every time a I pull up a different image to save, it redirects me back to the main drive on my pc instead of going directly back to most recently saved file. This only happens on certain computers. Is there a way to save...
  6. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  7. Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files

Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  8. Opening multiple files with the same extention

Opening multiple files with the same extention: I feel stupid even asking, but I used to be able to open many files with the same extension (in this case .xlsx) by selecting them all in File Explorer and hitting enter. Now it doesn't work. In Windows 10 how do you open multiple files, with the same extension, at the same...
  9. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  10. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg': Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank in advance *Smile 34312