Windows 10: changing saved location on pc

Discus and support changing saved location on pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdanRaygoza, Mar 19, 2021.

1. changing saved location on pc

Just build a new pc so i installed my old 4tb hdd on my new pc and now that im trying to changed the saved files on windows 10 i get the error 0x80070005, im trying to change this so i can save all my games in my 4tb hdd and by the way old files of games are in there aswell.

:)

AdanRaygoza, Mar 19, 2021

2. Change library location by cmd

The command you are asking for is currently unavailable. What we can suggest is that you propose your request in our

Feedback hub
    to make Windows better. Now, if you really want to change the save location of a file, kindly follow these steps:

• Type storage in the search bar.
    • Select Storage.

From there, you can select where your files will be saved in the future.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Mar 19, 2021
  3. ckerno Win User
    Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10

Thanks Brink. Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have changed those settings from OneDrive to This PC and they stay set OK. But System/Storage/Save Locations will not stay set to This PC and it is a problem because when I open Windows Explorer and expand This PC and click on Documents or Pictures those folders are still pointing to OneDrive (I know it is strange, the Documents and Pictures listed under This PC are pointing to OneDrive even though there is a separate listing for OneDrive just above This PC). I have to manually go to c:\users\username\documents and c:\users\username\pictures in Windows Explorer (and have added them to Quick Access) but when I install apps, like an old copy of Canon Zoom Browser, and open it the program is looking to OneDrive\Pictures by default. Any other idea why System/Storage/Save Locations will not save when I click Apply?

changing saved location on pc [​IMG]

ckerno, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Jerry06 Win User

changing saved location on pc

Change Storage Save Locations in Windows 10  

I think it would be smart to follow the tutorials on moving these folder locations as well so all the existing content is all at the same location. Not just to change the new save locations.

Do you suggest which should be done first, I know changing folder locations for example documents also makes changes to the registry.

Jerry06, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

changing saved location on pc

1. changing saved location on pc - Similar Threads - changing saved location

2. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  3. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  4. Changing the default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  5. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  6. how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC: I have followed instructions in previous queries which say to change the default location in settings, but the dropdowns don't open so I can't make this change. Do I need to be signed in to OneDrive to do this? Strange because the files still apparently save there. I'm on...
  7. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...
  8. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  9. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  10. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...