Windows 10: Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion

Discus and support Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Seems like the first issue should be easily solved by going into advanced settings, and replacing that horrible Bing with Google. But there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KMH1234567, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion

Seems like the first issue should be easily solved by going into advanced settings, and replacing that horrible Bing with Google. But there is no "address bar" option in settings or advanced settings which should be the place where I can make the replacement. ...Also, when I try to download Chrome, Edge wants to force me into "s" mode or some such thing, and tells me that this is irreversible action. I am so aggravated. Maybe I'll try to download Firefox, but I suppose I'll get the same threatening message from Edge. The computer was the right price, and is brand new, so I certainly don't want to do anything "irreversible".

:)

KMH1234567, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Shaurija Win User

Windows 10: Search Engine changed to Google but still searches with Yahoo: Firefox, Edge, Chrome

I can change the default search engine to Google on Firefox/Chrome/Edge, but whenever I search something, it still searches with Yahoo despite the default being Google.

My Process:

Firefox:

Step 1.

Click on the Magnifying Glass in the Search Box: Go to Change Search Settings

Default Search Engine: Select Google

Google now shows as the default search engine. Even when I open the magnifying glass on the search box, Google is shown as the search engine being used- But when I actually search, it searches with Yahoo. The only way I can successfully use the search box
    to search with Google is to take it off default so that I can click the google symbol when I open magnifying glass (when I click the symbol while it's the default, it searches with Yahoo instead).

Step 2.

Go back to Change Search Settings

Remove Yahoo from the One-Click Search Engines

The problem persists anyway.

Chrome:

Click on the stack of lines on the right: Go to Settings

Under Search: Click on Manage Search Engines...

Hover over Google: Make Default

Hover over Yahoo: Click on the X and remove it

Click Done

Search in the Omnibox and... It still uses Yahoo.

Microsoft Edge:

Click on the 3 Dots on the Right: Go to Settings

Go to View Advanced Settings

Find "Search in the address bar with" and click Change

Open Google's Homepage so that it can discover it

Click on the discovered Google and Select: Set as Default

Click on Yahoo and Select: Remove

(Bing, the only other search engine provided in the list, can't be removed even though it isn't the default search engine)

Still searches with Yahoo.

Please Help.

Shaurija, Aug 9, 2019
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Cecil_IL Win User

Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion

1. Changing search engine to google, downloading chrome, on a new HP Pavillion - Similar Threads - Changing search engine

2. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  3. Google chrome and other search engines not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and other search engines not responding: A few days back when I opened Chrome it didn't load and showed a message that page is not responding, I tried other engines like mozilla, egde. All of them are showing the same message, that the page is not responding. I have already dissabled all add ons for engines. Still...
  4. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  5. Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.: I want Google to be my search engine, but Windows keeps changing it to Bing, even though it is my preferred engine. I've even removed all the other names on the choice list. How can I fix this?...
  6. chrome search engine not responing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome search engine not responing: For the past 12 hours my deck top will not open google chrome. AW Snap! is the only message. I have tried to open setting but it will not work with the internet explorer that I am forced to use....
  7. Cannot download google search engine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot download google search engine: Cannot download google search engine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-google-search-engine/b9e9620a-7d80-4de1-bcb4-b72b45865b1d
  8. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  9. downloading 10 to a HP Pavillion using Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading 10 to a HP Pavillion using Chrome: I use Chrome as default browser. I want to upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Windows 10. Should (must?) I change browser to Bing before beginning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-10-to-a-hp-pavillion-using-chrome/ce20e538-a593-4ad9-bb07-1ff4cfd1c0bf
  10. Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows How to Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can use the address bar (omnibox) as a search box. It automatically uses Google by default, but you can set another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting google as default search engine on hp pavillion