Windows 10: Changing search engine

Discus and support Changing search engine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P.P.1, Apr 1, 2019.

1. P.P.1 Win User

Changing search engine

Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing.

:)

P.P.1, Apr 1, 2019

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Apr 1, 2019
  4. vbahl2003 Win User

Changing search engine

Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Changing search engine

1. Changing search engine - Similar Threads - Changing search engine

2. Text Colour on Search Engine changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Colour on Search Engine changed: My son just did play my keyboard somehow and after that, I noticed the text colour became green in the Windows search bar like below Image whatever I typed there would become invisible but it could bring up the indexed item. I have checked the high contrast setting which is...
  3. Text Colour on Search Engine changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Colour on Search Engine changed: My son just did play my keyboard somehow and after that, I noticed the text colour became green in the Windows search bar like below Image whatever I typed there would become invisible but it could bring up the indexed item. I have checked the high contrast setting which is...
  4. Text Colour on Search Engine changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change search engine

in Cortana
    How to change search engine: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the a**. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  6. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  7. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  8. Changing search engines . . .

9. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: I installed Windows 10 and got Bing and Edge with it. Previously I used Duckduckgo and I like it. How can I get my favourite search engine back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-search-engine/2b6778b3-b33e-489c-85fc-9aa573e01636
  10. change search engine

change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd