Windows 10: Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

Discus and support Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dylan_947, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Dylan_947 Win User

Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every reasonable fix i could find, running command prompts, resetting windows explorer, opening services.msc etc, tbh my last consideration is a pc reset but i dont want to do this just for the sake of the inconvenience of redownloading all my apps.The previous question askers description:"So after being told that I cannot access a file on my c:\ drive by Windows I looked up how to gain total control of my system. The file in question was a screenshot that

:)

Dylan_947, Jan 6, 2023

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsChanging security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2023
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jan 6, 2023
  4. scevism Win User

scevism, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar - Similar Threads - Changing security settings

2. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  3. Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking anywhere breaks taskbar, context menu, and start menu: My friend has the problem, when he boots up the PC, it is completely fine, but when he right clicks once, these happens:Context Menu does not work, but after when he left clicks a desktop icon before right clicking, the menu works.Auto-hide taskbar does not appear when...
  4. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar: This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every reasonable fix i could find, running command prompts, resetting windows explorer, opening services.msc etc, tbh my last...
  5. Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar

Changing security settings breaks Windows 10 start menu/taskbar: This question was asked previously however the answer is not working for me, i have basically got the exact same problem. I have attempted every reasonable fix i could find, running command prompts, resetting windows explorer, opening services.msc etc, tbh my last...
  6. taskbar, start menu and settings app not working

taskbar, start menu and settings app not working: also everytime i start my pc a black screen shows up it takes around 5 minutes to start.ive tried every fix to these issues known to man and none of them worked, i dont know the root of the issue and this problem has plagued me for about a month if not longer...
  7. Windows start menu keeps breaking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu keeps breaking: From time to time the Windows start menu will become unresponsive. I’ve run sfc/scannow, as well as DISM. Neither finds any issues and the only thing that seems to fix it is a restart or restarting the Windows Explorer service. I’m one version behind the May release, but I’m...
  8. Change windows taskbar and start menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change windows taskbar and start menu color: Hello, I am trying to change my taskbar color to light pink. I am able to change it to a grayish pink by under "Colors," choosing custom as the color, default Windows mode as dark, and default app mode as light, and then I choose an accent color. The color of the task bar...
  9. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482
  10. Superfetch breaking start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Superfetch breaking start menu: Hi all, Just made this account to see if anyone can help. I am running windows 10 on my desktop and the start menu broke on me. I did all the recommended fixes for it and that seemed to work for a few days then every time I would completely power down my desktop, the next...