Windows 10: Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

Discus and support Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joanna Perkins, May 19, 2019.

1. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

Hi

I work from home and one website I use, I have 3 different log in names and passwords so, each time, i log out of the website, i need to click on "delete browsing history" before I can log back in under a different user name and password.

I had, again, the Stop Code message (second time within 5 months!) which meant I had to re-set my computer and I now find that Microsoft Edge is not showing when I click on the 2 dots in the top right hand corner, Google comes up which then means I have to go into several pages before I find the delete history button whereas, with Microsoft Edge, it's a simpler process.

Am I able to change it at all to go back to Microsoft Edge?

Thanks,

Joanna

:)

Joanna Perkins, May 19, 2019

2. Cant delete the browsing history in the internet options.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to delete previous browsing history.

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

Which browser are you using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Internet Explorer (Delete Browsing History)

Step 1:

I suggest you to press Shift Key + Ctrl Key + Delete Key together and check the box against History and delete.

Steps 2: Reset Internet Explorer.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 2: Microsoft Edge (Delete Browsing History)

I would suggest you to refer the link below on Viewing or deleting browsing history in Microsoft Edge,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/...-browsing-history-in-microsoft-edge#v1h=tab01

Note: When you use InPrivate Tabs your browsing data (like cookies history or temporary files) isn’t saved on your pc after you are done. Microsoft Edge deletes temporary data from
    your pc after all your InPrivate Tabs are closed.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 19, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    How do I delete my browsing history of the Microsoft Edge browser on my PC?

Hi,

We see that you would like to know how to delete the browsing history of the Microsoft Edge on your hard drive. Browsing history refers to the list of web pages a user has recently visited. To delete your browsing history, you may follow the steps that are
    provided on this
    link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, May 19, 2019
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

How do you set Microsoft Edge to delete browsing history on exit, like you could with Internet Explorer?

Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather... [​IMG]

ARC1020, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather...

1. Changing setting to that Microsoft Edge appears for me to delete browsing history rather... - Similar Threads - Changing setting Microsoft

2. EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE is ruining my browsing experience, it is changing its appearance: How do I get rid of what Edge has done to itself?? This is now happened to 2 PC running EDGE, it is forcing me back to Chrome. Somehow the look is completely different, puts a bar of links on the side, looses the open new tab feature... All I do is use it, dont go into...
  3. Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Prevent deleting browser history and download history in Microsoft Edge: In this post, we will show you how you can prevent deleting browsing history and download history in Microsoft Edge. There are a couple of features present in Windows 10 that can help you disable delete or remove options for browser history and download history in Edge...
  4. Microsoft Family Browsing History

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsing History: I have a question. I have a child Microsoft account, and I was wondering if my administrator can see my history when I am browsing as a guest. It would help me out a lot. Sincerely, Kian Peck [Original Title: Browsing History]...
  5. Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete Browsing History not deleting upon exiting: I have tried every suggestion in Google and still does not delete upon exiting (Windows 10) Is there a sure-fire way? I was in 7, switched to 10, back to 7 no problem. New laptop, using 10, won't delete....
  6. Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sites Missing In Browsing History In Microsoft Edge: I recently went to the browsing history in my Microsoft Edge browser, and there are some sites missing. I went to a site called savethechildren.com through a click thru button on a site called MyPoints so that I could get points for my donation on Saturday, I think it was,...
  7. Deleted browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Deleted browsing history: Well have as usual tried to find a solution out there but still no joy, as usual. Problem began when I kept, well still am getting, "Cannot find scriptfile xxxxxxx .vbs". Spent ages trying to find a solution using suggested remedies on the web, none worked. So I came across a...
  8. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  9. How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Delete Browsing History on Exit in Microsoft Edge: How do you set Microsoft Edge to delete browsing history on exit, like you could with Internet Explorer? [img] 9384
  10. View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...