Windows 10: Changing Shortcut Details

Discus and support Changing Shortcut Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to run Quicken 2004 on my recently purchased Lenovo laptop. It worked perfectly well on my previous laptop both are Windows 10 OS. Whilst... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by S7OBB, Mar 20, 2020.

1. S7OBB Win User

Changing Shortcut Details

I am unable to run Quicken 2004 on my recently purchased Lenovo laptop. It worked perfectly well on my previous laptop both are Windows 10 OS. Whilst comparing the Details Folder Path of the 2 shortcuts I noticed the Shortcut Details Folder Path on the new laptop needed to be changed to reflect where the desktop resides. How do I change the Folder Path in Shortcut Details?

:)

S7OBB, Mar 20, 2020

2. Changing shortcut Keys on windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us below details,

• May I know for which application you are trying to change the short cut key?

• Did you made any changes to your computer recently?

I suggest you to check the below link regarding windows shortcuts hope it helps,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Please get back to us with detailed information to assist you better.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48716.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 20, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Changing Shortcut Details :)

terrace, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Changing Shortcut Details

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Changing Shortcut Details

1. Changing Shortcut Details - Similar Threads - Changing Shortcut Details

2. Change log-in details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change log-in details: Windows 10/ Live is logged into my email as JohnDoe@Defunct address in trying to change this to my current email address Windows tells me that it is already in use, yes, that's why I want to use it. The problem arises because Outlook insists on using the defunct address,...
  3. Change log-in details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change log-in details: Windows 10/ Live is logged into my email as JohnDoe@Defunct address in trying to change this to my current email address Windows tells me that it is already in use, yes, that's why I want to use it. The problem arises because Outlook insists on using the defunct address,...
  4. Change log-in details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. change details on invoice

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    change details on invoice: Change details on an invoice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-details-on-invoice/a5e658ce-0cfa-4ba1-9fb1-f9908f92001b
  6. Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?: Any keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer? I read it's Ctrl + Shift + 6, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice much welcome *Smile 139311
  7. Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer?: Any keyboard shortcut for Details view in File Explorer? I read it's Ctrl + Shift + 6, but it doesn't seem to work. Any advice much welcome *Smile 139311
  8. Changing account details

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing account details: Hi, any help/advise really appreciated… My wife and son were borrowing/using my desktop (which had just got an account like “my account” and password). For some reason they had to change the user account and password, and they used my wife account name. So, can I now change...
  9. Change Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Shortcut: Hello Is it possible when clicked Windows key + E it would open 'This pc' instead of File explorer? It is really annoying every time to click on 'This PC' to access your C drive. 22879
  10. Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows: How to: Customize Shortcut Infotip Details in Windows How to Customize Details of Shortcut Infotips in Windows [img] Information When you hover over a shortcut of a file, folder, or drive in Windows, a pop-up description) will show displaying basic property details...