Windows 10: Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Discus and support Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hellopaul, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Hellopaul Win User

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Hello,

Here is my start menu:

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu [​IMG]

I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile.

Is there any way to control the size of the icon within the tile? It seems silly to have great big blue tiles, with a tiny little icon sitting in the middle of each one. I've searched around, but can only find information on how to alter the size of the whole tile, not the icon within it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

:)

Hellopaul, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'.

Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all?

Mr Morgan, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Johannes Win User

Web site icons on start menu tiles

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu [​IMG]
    Never mind, I am going to change the tiles with text to medium size. (sse pic)

Johannes, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu - Similar Threads - Changing size graphics

2. Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon: I have an Access shortcut to my database which I store in the Users....Star Menu/Startup. The tile in the start menu is blank when I unpin it and then repin it with the new icon. I even changed it back to the default icon and it didn't help. Now I must re-create the...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  5. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  6. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen: I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions. I have a group tile for Microsoft Office Web Apps. The icons on that tile are super tiny. Likewise when I open that group, the icon on each individual tile in...
  7. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  8. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  9. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.: I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option. Secondly, I would like to be able to change the picture on each specific tile so I can better personalise it. Thanks in...
  10. Changing Names on Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Names on Start Menu tiles: I have searched all over for a simple method of changing the names on start menu tiles, especially the ones relating to websites etc. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to come up with a simple "right-click on tile" solution which would allow you to change the properties of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icon size within tiles

2. how to increase size of tile icon on startmenu