Windows 10: Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset

Discus and support Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had to reset Windows on my HP computer running Windows 10. Since the reset the computer has assigned sound to an HDMI port whereas I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnDetcheverry, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset

I recently had to reset Windows on my HP computer running Windows 10. Since the reset the computer has assigned sound to an HDMI port whereas I have my speakers plugged into the standard 1/8" stereo analog outlet. The troubleshooter always comes back saying that I have no speakers plugged in. How can I change the sound output back to analog?

:)

JohnDetcheverry, Feb 11, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset :p

cadaveca, Feb 11, 2019
  3. ReMBaM Win User
    Analog Clock in Title Bar... but I want digital

Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset :)

Tap and hold the analog clock ... it changes and you can select
    DiGiTAL clock.
    o/~

ReMBaM, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset

Sound quality question: digital, analog, onboard, discrete cards

That's how I've always understood it. I can definitely attest to the sound quality being better when I ran it through my 5850's hdmi cord than just through my MB. But I can't compare directly against a soundcard's analog (or digital to see if one digital is better than another). I would say that digital is digital and it shouldn't make a difference how it gets sent because it's quite simply digital.

jasper1605, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset

1. Changing sound from digital to analog after a reset - Similar Threads - Changing sound digital

2. digital and analog???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital and analog???: the computer keeps switching from digital to analog automaticaly, and its annoying because when it does that, the screen is all black and not responsive. i checked, it isnt malware....
  3. digital and analog???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital and analog???: the computer keeps switching from digital to analog automaticaly, and its annoying because when it does that, the screen is all black and not responsive. i checked, it isnt malware....
  4. digital and analog???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sound lost after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound lost after resetting: I reset my computer in window 11 and now my sound and microphone are gone. Before reseting the computer, there used to be a CODEC sound system but I tried to press over it on device manager and it deleted itself. Is there anyway for me to recover sound? ;-;Even when I tried...
  6. My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??: Syncmaster s22b300 is the monitor model. It seems that when a certain pattern of collors appear my monitor goes black, mostly while playing something, for example in a minecraft world i'm playing, the same spot will turn off the monitor, any ideas on how to help? my pc config...
  7. My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor goes black then changes to Analog??: Syncmaster s22b300 is the monitor model. It seems that when a certain pattern of collors appear my monitor goes black, mostly while playing something, for example in a minecraft world i'm playing, the same spot will turn off the monitor, any ideas on how to help? my pc config...
  8. analog audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    analog audio: how might one connect an analog microphone to an HP Pavilion laptop 15 ccs3? or must one invest in usb device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/analog-audio/4f896125-3345-4c45-80b3-ce81f6f58aad
  9. Analog Clock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Analog Clock: Why is there no option for an analog clock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/analog-clock/7192563a-84d3-4e6b-9586-32ae00bd7e9b
  10. Sounds from the Analog Ports Don't Seem to work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds from the Analog Ports Don't Seem to work.: It's Strange, I figured maybe the Motherboard has a bad Audio Ports from the Direct back, but the front panel seems to be same case as well for a jumper. Nor it seems that the sound settings seems to update to recognize when a new Audio Device is plugged in so I'm at a loss....