Windows 10: Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10

Discus and support Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I want to inform as I been having this issue from last year till now of changing the sound driver from Realtek to High Definition Audio which keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Taylor-Paige Timmins, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10

Hi I want to inform as I been having this issue from last year till now of changing the sound driver from Realtek to High Definition Audio which keeps on not changing on Device Manager. It on shows on the device list as "Unknown Driver". Now I have tried installing it manually from Selecting driver liston "Add Legacy Hardware" by clicking on Sound, audio driver, etc - Clicked on Microsoft - Clicked on High Definition Audio device settings then it does install for only 1-2 seconds as that happens it moves onto the next message that shows an error stating "The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance". Here is a screenshot of it so far:

Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10 9068d4fc-c953-4e62-bee4-ec1d8c3c86c1?upload=true.png

Any way that this can be fixed. Even though it's available on driver list:

Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10 3a896ee7-70f4-4eb1-b139-abce77dba8e6?upload=true.png

Let me know thanks.

:)

Taylor-Paige Timmins, Feb 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10

Sound issues on Windows 10 as it plays incorrect sound settings.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which player are you using to access the songs?

• Did you make any changes to the sound settings?

• Did you try a different player?

• Is the issue specific to certain type of files?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10

1. Changing sound issue - MSI Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Changing sound issue

2. Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sound issue: I'm trying to use my PC and notice sound is not working. I check and troubleshoot and it said the generic sound driver is not working. I have all the updates downloaded. What's wrong?...
  3. MSI gp72 Windows 10 restart issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI gp72 Windows 10 restart issues: I've been having a problem for the past few months where I cannot use the "restart" function. When I restart, it will shutdown and on boot up, when it's on the black msi screen, the circling dots won't even show up and it stays on the black msi logo screen until I manually...
  4. msi issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msi issues: i am trying to install epic games launcher however after downloading the file for the installer and clicking on it i am asked to choose how i want to open the msi.file and nothing on my computer is opening it. i looked it up and from what i understand windows installer is...
  5. Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound issue: I keep losing sound. I use the troubleshooter in settings to reinstall my audio driver which used to fix the problem, but now minutes later I lose sound again. I have tried reinstalling it myself from device manager but that doesn't work....
  6. Windows 10 - Sound issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Sound issues.: [ATTACH] Have recently built a new PC. Installed windows 10 pro via the media creation tool. Looks like it has loaded version 2004 (build 19041.450) My issue is with sounds. Straight out of fresh install, I noted the lack of explorer/navigation and windows startup sounds....
  7. Audio Issue, MSI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue, MSI: Hi everyone, I currently have no sound since a windows 10 update. I use a MSI GP63 leopard 8RF laptop. I tried troubleshooting audio, updating realtek driver, uninstall and reinstall. Nothing seems to work. Please help and thanks in advance Edit: I found help on the MSI...
  8. MSI laptop with windows 10 reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI laptop with windows 10 reset issue: My MSI laptop running Windows 10 has not been running at its best recently so today i decided to do the windows full clear and reset. I managed to get as far as the services section of the set up and ive been been stick on a blue screen for about an hour (pic attached). I...
  9. MSI GE63 8RE SOUND ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI GE63 8RE SOUND ISSUE: Bought a MSI GE63 Laptop couple months ago and straight out the box the speakers kept making a popping sound, contacted Microsoft and the assisted me to update the driver , uninstalled the driver and re installed the new driver , problem was sorted , but the problem has come...
  10. Sound issues, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues, Windows 10: Good day I get the following message when trying to play music on Windows Media Player: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by...