Windows 10: Changing sound volume makes a black window appear

Discus and support Changing sound volume makes a black window appear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that changing the sound volume makes a small black window appear in the top left of my screen for some time, an image of the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheRocket412, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Changing sound volume makes a black window appear

Recently I noticed that changing the sound volume makes a small black window appear in the top left of my screen for some time, an image of the window is attached.

While it is a neat, I find it often to be just in the way. For example I change the sound volume, want to click on something, however can't, because this window blocks it and I need to wait until it vanishes again.

Does someone have an idea how to deactivate, so no longer a window appears? Thanks in adanvce.

Changing sound volume makes a black window appear 1e984d90-1185-4a85-9e41-084e7f2460c8?upload=true.png

:)

TheRocket412, Jun 22, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Changing sound volume makes a black window appear :p

cadaveca, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Changing sound volume makes a black window appear

Low Volume turns of the sound for Headphones

Hi,

Please answer the question below to assist you better.

- Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

- What is the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Changing sound volume makes a black window appear

1. Changing sound volume makes a black window appear - Similar Threads - Changing sound volume

2. Changing volume doesn't change sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing volume doesn't change sound: I have the same exact problem as the person below, however my laptop is Windows 11, while theirs is a Windows 10.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-volume-doesnt-change-sound/fbf5faab-ed4e-4ca1-9b2c-0dae70160b62...
  3. Changing volume doesn't change sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing volume doesn't change sound: I have the same exact problem as the person below, however my laptop is Windows 11, while theirs is a Windows 10.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-volume-doesnt-change-sound/fbf5faab-ed4e-4ca1-9b2c-0dae70160b62...
  4. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  5. Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound volume changes on it's own at high volumes: Hello this video here should be suffice to show my issue.https://streamable.com/7h6sxcI recently built a new computer but reused my OS from my previous computer.I have my audio being played to my speakers from a Line In source via device playback and at high volumes the audio...
  6. Windows is changing sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is changing sound volume: Ive been trying to solve this problem for over a week now. I have two screens, one for browsing and the other for gaming. Whenever I have a game open open any communication software, streaming or any website with a video, windows changes the game sound volume to below 10%....
  7. Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.: Hi, appreciate any help. I have set Windows notification sounds to be completely silent, no sounds set for anything. Every 30 minutes I'll get a notification sound from something that is not viewable in the volume mixer. I've recorded my screen to capture the moment it...
  8. Volume Change Sound Unbalanced

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Change Sound Unbalanced: [ATTACH] So in the most recent update of Windows 10, I and some others have noticed that the sound played when changing your volume is unbalanced. This can cause insanity as people think they're speakers are broken. It's especially noticeable for headphone users. EDIT:...
  9. Changing sound volume notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing sound volume notification: [ATTACH] Hi, basically whenever I change the sound these boxes come up, the box one never used to. It was always the small box but not the bigger one which says chrome.exe. Its super annoying as the box stays up for ages and you can't see anything behind it. Is there any...
  10. Changing Volume Doesn't Change Sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing Volume Doesn't Change Sound: When I change the audio slider on my taskbar (for example from 1% to 100%) there is absolutely no change in volume. It is just permanently loud and I can only change volumes with the speakers themselves or in whatever program I am using. It has been like this for months....