Windows 10: Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default

Discus and support Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I try to use the Microsoft speech recognition app and want to use it in my native language French. when I go to : - Settings -> Time &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XeLaNoiD, May 21, 2020.

1. XeLaNoiD Win User

Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default

Hi,

I try to use the Microsoft speech recognition app and want to use it in my native language French.

when I go to :

- Settings -> Time & Language ->Speech

I can change the "Choose the language you speak with your device" from English Canada to French Canada as it is available in the drop down list.

If I close the settings and go back, it revert to English Canada again.
    If I use the Windows Speech Recognition App, it will only work in English.

Also, If I go in the Control Panel App -> Speech Recognition -> Advanced speech options

I only have in the Speech Recognition Tab the Language Microsoft Speech Recognizer 8.0 for Windows English - US in the drop down list.

Thank you,

:)

XeLaNoiD, May 21, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 21, 2020
  3. Cortana speech language?

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check the language and speech settings in Cortana.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    • Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    • If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    • Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default
      under English UK language.
    • Now, click on English UK and click on Options.
    • Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    • Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    • Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English UK.
    • After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 21, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Change Speech Recognition language

Hi Matúš,

To change the Speech Recognition language, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type Speech settings, then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Speech language, select your preferred language (e.g.
      English
      ).

Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default 5155e910-d18b-49f4-a0bf-ac75a13484c1.png

For more information about Speech Recognition, please check this article.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default - Similar Threads - Changing Speech language

2. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  3. Speech recognition language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition language: Speech recognition language how to stop USA voice and use UK voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-language/292d04a4-db39-44eb-b667-e1020cfe3a20
  4. I am unable to change the speech language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to change the speech language: I am attempting to have it read out some e-books to help me study yet it does not give me the option to change to dutch even though I download the dutch...
  5. I am unable to change the speech language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to change the speech language: I am attempting to have it read out some e-books to help me study yet it does not give me the option to change to dutch even though I download the dutch...
  6. Speech settings/language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech settings/language: I've got only the english US voice package installed but the speech language setting is grayed out with nothing selected along with "Recognise non-native accents for this language" and i also cannot set up my mic for speech recognition and im on windows 10. Any help would be...
  7. Change default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default language: Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida) They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French. I'm not the original tech and...
  8. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  9. Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10: How to: Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 How to Change Speech Recognition Language in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. Using only your...
  10. Changing system default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing system default language: Hi, I got a windows10 edition in a specific language and I would like to change it to English. How can I do it? Will it become the original English version or it is only a translation pack? The only guide I found is this How to change the system language across your...