Windows 10: changing standard account to administrator account

Discus and support changing standard account to administrator account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by akshaykomar, May 31, 2019.

1. changing standard account to administrator account

by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this

:)

akshaykomar, May 31, 2019
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, May 31, 2019
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 31, 2019
  4. changing standard account to administrator account

How to change the administrator to a standard account.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try these steps after enabling the Built-in Administrator Account.

Step 1: Enable Built-in Administrator Account.

a) Press Windows and x
    key together on your desktop screen.

b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).

c) Type: net user administrator /active: yes

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

After enabling Built-in admin, please try with the steps below:

Step 2: Try to change the account type of other accounts from Built-in Administrator Account.

I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Can I make changes to someone else's user account?” in the following article.

User accounts: FAQ

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 31, 2019
Thema:

changing standard account to administrator account

1. changing standard account to administrator account - Similar Threads - changing standard account

2. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  3. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  4. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  5. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  6. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

8. Accidently changed administrator account to standard

Accidently changed administrator account to standard: I accidently changed my one and only administrator account to standard account. I tried most of the videos and ways in YouTube and other sites but they doesn't works. Plz help me ToT Windows 10...
  9. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  10. Change from standard account to administrator account

Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....