Windows 10: Changing start menu icons to small by default

Discus and support Changing start menu icons to small by default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kee, Oct 12, 2016.

1. KEE
    Kee Win User

Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time?

Changing start menu icons to small by default [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 Start Menu changed automatically

Hi,

I had a friend contact me to say that their start menu had changed. I had a look, and it had indeed changed. The start menu opened to the All Apps by default, but showed small icons on the left for power,
    documents and other start menu items. I can't find any options to turn this on or off, but suspect it may be a key combination or something as they are not computer-savvy.

Has anyone seen this before?

Changing start menu icons to small by default [​IMG]

See the All Apps screen on the left, with the small icons beside that, and still showing all the tiles to the right.

LwilliamsAust, Oct 12, 2016
  3. mosaa Win User
    Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Thanks Pam6006 for your comment.

What you are suggesting is just for making the size of the icons in windows explorer or desktop bigger or smaller. It does not help with increasing the size of text in menus, toolbars, browser etc. Right now my problem is with small text and icons in menus,
    toolbars and browser menus. By default (100%) they are fixed on 9 points and you can not change them.

mosaa, Oct 12, 2016
  4. KEE
    Kee Win User

Based on the answers I assume this cannot be done. Thanks.

5. mykou Win User
    hmm from your screenshot , you 'd like to get rid of the text or something else?

mykou, Oct 17, 2016
  6. KEE
    Kee Win User
    I'm sorry but I think its obvious from the title, bolded question and the picture that I want the icons to be small instead of medium. There's also large and I think extra large, which obviously are not featured in the picture. Thanks.

To re-iterate: The start menu icons are medium by default. I want them to be small.

Thema:

1. Changing start menu icons to small by default - Similar Threads - Changing start menu

2. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  3. small office app icons in start menu

small office app icons in start menu: [ATTACH] anyone know what these are? i just reinstalled windows 10 and these appeared, clicking on either excel, word, powerpoint, or outlook just open up an empty tab in microsoft edge. i cannot uninstall them either, after clicking uninstall they just remain there....
  4. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. Windows 10 Start menu icons are really small.

Windows 10 Start menu icons are really small.: I have a Asus ZenBook i9 laptop which has been experiencing odd small issues with the OS, all I have been able to fix, but I have no idea how to fix this issue, help.[IMG]...
  7. Icons in menu changed to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in menu changed to default: In my main menu, I just noticed many default folder icons on programs that had their own icons. For instance all program icons in H, I, J and L names are now default folder icons. Any way to change them back ? Thanks 116714
  8. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  9. Small start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small start menu: Hello, something happened after Windows Update - I turned on my PC and I see... [img] [img] Anybody can help me? Thanks. 3324
  10. Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu: Whenever I try to move, delete or rename a shortcut in \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or its subfolders, appears this window (but the shortcut is moved, deleted or renamed without problems): [img] Really it is not a problem, but it seems that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change all start menu icons to small

2. default small icons on start menu