Windows 10: Changing Start Menu Icons?

Discus and support Changing Start Menu Icons? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeK, Nov 25, 2016.

1. BEK
    BeK Win User

Changing Start Menu Icons?

How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others?
    Is this even possible?

Changing Start Menu Icons? [​IMG]

:)

2. fayr_ Win User

Start Menu changes?

Hi,

I have created a new profile, and am still experiencing the issue.

In case it's relevant, I have noticed that the calculator is also not taking number input. This is in my old profile and my new profile.

fayr_, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Changing start menu

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I tried to change the start menu to two columns. The search had me go to control panel, appearance, task bar, start menu and then check classic.

Unfortunately, on the control panel page, there was nothing marked appearance, so I could get no further.

I did find pictures of the start menu I wanted, but could not make the change.

Please advise what I am missing.

Thank You

Robertdorian, Nov 25, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

At the Start screen, Right click the App Icon you want to change. Hover over "More" and click "Open File Location". Right click the App Name and click Properties and then click "Change Icon".

C.B.

cbwilsha, Nov 25, 2016
  5. mart44 Win User
    mart44, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Changing Start Menu Icons? - Similar Threads - Changing Start Menu

2. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  3. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  4. Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?: Hey all I'm intrigued by the new start menu's look. However, it's still severely limited in options. Is there a tool or a hack to remove start menu items such as folders, cortana, people, etc. that do not have an uninstall option? Google gives me nothing but standard stuff...
  5. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  6. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  7. Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing start menu icons to small by default: Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time? [img] 66749
  8. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  9. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...
  10. Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes: As per title. I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc. Problem: [img] Usually it looks like this: [img] 21358