Windows 10: Changing steam mod/workshop folder location

Discus and support Changing steam mod/workshop folder location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have about 30GB left on my SSD and was using windirstat to see how I could clear some more space and found that arma 3 workshop folder has a massive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by briand88, Feb 10, 2017.

1. briand88 Win User

Changing steam mod/workshop folder location

I have about 30GB left on my SSD and was using windirstat to see how I could clear some more space and found that arma 3 workshop folder has a massive 30GB of addons is it possible to move this folder to a slave HDD but while keeping arma 3 installed on the SSD?

:)

briand88, Feb 10, 2017

2. Train Simulator is stuck in "scenario Update"

If you downloaded it through Steam, this is what support recommends:

Unsubscribe from all workshop scenarios by left-clicking once on Train Simulator in your Steam Games Library > scroll down the main page to the Workshop section > select 'Browse the Workshop' > on the right-hand side under 'Your Workshop Files', hover over
    'Your Files' and select 'subscribed items' > select the 'Unsubscribe' button for all Scenarios.

Then, please reinstall Train Simulator by right-clicking the game in your Steam library > selecting 'uninstall' > navigate to Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common > delete the 'RailWorks' folder > now reinstall Train Simulator.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Train Simulator is stuck in "scenario Update"

Worked like a charm. Everything seems to be on track.

raildman man, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Changing steam mod/workshop folder location

RoasterMen, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

Changing steam mod/workshop folder location

1. Changing steam mod/workshop folder location - Similar Threads - Changing steam mod

2. Need to change file location within a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to change file location within a folder: Need to change location of a file within a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-file-location-within-a-folder/2d53b1c5-0c56-48e8-946b-993f55548fbb
  3. Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder lcation changing location disabled: Hi there, I played around to get my new OneDrive account sorted out and in a moment of insanity I moved my quick access Downloads folder. Once I realized that I should have just changed the quick access folders location to my OneDrive path, I somehow caused damage to the...
  4. Windows 10 Folder Location Change

Windows 10 Folder Location Change: Hi Does anyone have experience of moving special folder locations to a NAS drive using a script. i.e. Current Location: C:\Users\[username].[pcname]\Favorites to \\MYSTORAGENAS\Username\Documents\Favorites I am looking to speed up the process of moving the special folder...
  5. How to change location of a folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change location of a folder?: During the first Windows 10 installation, I indicated location of documents folder to D: drive by mistake. All my documents, apps get there. I want to change a place where my documents are saved. How can I change it?...
  6. Unable to change location of user folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change location of user folders: To save my space on C drive (containing the OS), I always change the location of the default user folders (Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music, Downloads, Pictures) to a different drive from the Properties->Location tab->Move. I did a mistake in moving the 3D Objects folder, I...
  7. Program - Greetings Workshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program - Greetings Workshop: Please advise a replacement program or if an upgraded version is available for Greetings Workshop for Windows 10 on a HP Pavilion computer. The version 2 CD for Printable Projects is not being recognized....
  8. Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Indexing and Contacts folder locations.: I'd appreciate opinions about the wisdom of moving the Indexing and Contacts folders off the OS partition. I once tried it with the system default Downloads, Music, and Picturers folders, and it caused a mess. As far as the Contacts folder is concerned, the system doesn't...
  9. Changing default folder location in the start menu

Changing default folder location in the start menu: Hi there! On the start - sorry for any possible mistakes, English is my second language ;) I've got everything set up perfectly, the problem is, that I want default Windows buttons in my start bar (The Documents, Images and Personal Files ones)...
  10. Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of pictures and documents folders: When I try to change the location of the documents folder and the pictures folder, I get a message, "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." I get this message whether or not I choose to move the files...