Windows 10: Changing Taskbar Look

Discus and support Changing Taskbar Look in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before I reinstalled Windows 11, the color of the taskbar was black, and icons were positioned on the left side rather than in the middle.Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vlad6, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Vlad6 Win User

Changing Taskbar Look

Before I reinstalled Windows 11, the color of the taskbar was black, and icons were positioned on the left side rather than in the middle.Does anyone know how to make the taskbar black and position icons on the left?

:)

Vlad6, Jun 25, 2022

2. windows 10 taskbar window tumbnails look bad

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your taskbar window thumbnails can occur due to several reasons, such as, an outdated display driver, low screen resolution settings, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 25, 2022
  3. taskbar location changed windows 10

Hi Lorraine,

For us to narrow down your concern with taskbar location that has been changed, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue first begin?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Changing Taskbar Look

taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Changing Taskbar Look

1. Changing Taskbar Look - Similar Threads - Changing Taskbar

2. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  3. How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the taskbar color on 2 separate displays?: I'm having trouble with my taskbar. I have 2 different monitors and on my main display the taskbar is almost white or grey, and the other is a very dark blue or black. Can I get them both to be the same color? Thanks,...
  4. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  5. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  6. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  7. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  8. Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the color of start, taskbar and action center on Windows 10?: Hi Microsoft! I'm trying to change the color of start, taskbar and action center on my Windows 10 PC. But when I open settings and go to Personalization>Colors, and choose an accent color, it only applies to the title bars and window borders. There's the Show accent color on...
  9. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  10. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...