Windows 10: Changing Taskbar search behavior

Discus and support Changing Taskbar search behavior in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to be able to just click, and type.as now I have to click it and pop open a window before I can search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nick Auld, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Nick Auld Win User

Changing Taskbar search behavior

I want to be able to just click, and type.as now I have to click it and pop open a window before I can search

:)

Nick Auld, Jan 15, 2023
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jan 15, 2023
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2023
  4. Changing Taskbar search behavior

Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

Changing Taskbar search behavior

1. Changing Taskbar search behavior - Similar Threads - Changing Taskbar search

2. Changing Taskbar search behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Taskbar search behavior: I want to be able to just click, and type.as now I have to click it and pop open a window before I can search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-taskbar-search-behavior/d3c50f79-ee49-4ffe-8a4c-86a91c45ec52
  3. Changing Taskbar search behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Taskbar search behavior: I want to be able to just click, and type.as now I have to click it and pop open a window before I can search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-taskbar-search-behavior/d3c50f79-ee49-4ffe-8a4c-86a91c45ec52
  4. Taskbar behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar behavior: After updating latest version of windows, the search button of taskbar is expanded, is it a bug or is it official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-behavior/a666681d-4ede-4903-8ab9-17b40129cfa2
  5. Taskbar behavior

Taskbar behavior: After updating latest version of windows, the search button of taskbar is expanded, is it a bug or is it official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-behavior/a666681d-4ede-4903-8ab9-17b40129cfa2
  6. Taskbar behavior

Taskbar behavior: Can you run v11 and have the start menu and taskbar operate like in v10? Launching and jumping between programs is onerous in Windows 11. I have tried using registry edits as described online but none have worked. If it is not possible please tell me so i don't hold out hope....
  7. Taskbar behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar behavior: Can you run v11 and have the start menu and taskbar operate like in v10? I have tried many times using registry edits described on online but none have worked. Launching and jumping between programs is onerous in Windows 11. No need to gripe further. If it is not possible...
  8. TaskBar Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskBar Behavior: Win 11 OS Build 22000.613.But when will MS finally fix the TaskBar Behavior bug?I have the "Automatically hide the TaskBar" mode set, but from time to time the TaskBar stops hiding. No manipulations in Settings - Personalization - TaskBar help in solving the problem. The only...
  9. TaskBar Behavior

TaskBar Behavior: Win 11 OS Build 22000.613.But when will MS finally fix the TaskBar Behavior bug?I have the "Automatically hide the TaskBar" mode set, but from time to time the TaskBar stops hiding. No manipulations in Settings - Personalization - TaskBar help in solving the problem. The only...
  10. search strange behavior.

in Cortana
    search strange behavior.: Hello community. I have a directory that is properly indexed and all is fine. in it there are files containing Department_code but when i search for 'Department__c' (Two underscores) it is matching on 'Department_code' (one underscore) can someone explains this...