Windows 10: Changing TEMP for to another drive

Discus and support Changing TEMP for to another drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been replaced my HDD with SanDisk Plus SSD. I want to change some Environment Variables such TEMP (user var. for current account), and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alfaisal Munawar, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Changing TEMP for to another drive

Hello, I've been replaced my HDD with SanDisk Plus SSD. I want to change some Environment Variables such TEMP (user var. for current account), and Program Files to HDD to prevent TBW downs to minimum. How to do this? Could you do me a favor, please?

*Sorry for my English

:)

Alfaisal Munawar, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Changing TEMP for to another drive

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Changing TEMP for to another drive

1. Changing TEMP for to another drive - Similar Threads - Changing TEMP another

2. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....
  3. how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change the primary drive C: Disc to another drive?: i have a hp elite x2 laptop and i recently switched this laptop into windows 11 and made a new drive but i accidentally made the primary drive have less space so i'm wondering how i can do it. I would appreciate if anyone would tell because i am new to laptops....
  4. How to change app data to another folder/drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change app data to another folder/drive: Hello MS I am Abikrishna a MS userI want to change my app data to another drive without making any files damage.my drive is almost full and get lagging. Hope you help me. Kindly Abi...
  5. How to change app data to another folder/drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change app data to another folder/drive: Hello MS I am Abikrishna a MS userI want to change my app data to another drive without making any files damage.my drive is almost full and get lagging. Hope you help me. Kindly Abi...
  6. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  7. Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive: When I buil my pc I got a 256 gb sata ssd and a 1tb hdd. Obviously the ssd was the drive where I installed windows on. But after some time now the system drive is kimd of full. I also got a 1tb nvme ssd just to have more space and would like to move all the system files over....
  8. Windows Changes color temp of games

Windows Changes color temp of games: Hi everyone, so the problem im having with my monitor is that whenever i launch a game such as COD MW or R6 Siege, my monitor will change from its default desktop color settings to a orangeish color. Ive tried messing with the windows color setting and such but so far have...
  9. Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive

Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive: So I accidentally selected my SSD that I wanted to have for boot purposes as the Local Disk C and want to change the Local Disk C to a HDD I also have installed. How would I achieve this? Thanks for the help in advance! submitted by /u/KingAlain_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Change Windows and all installations to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Windows and all installations to another hard drive: I purchased a computer package with a pre-installed Windows10 operating system. The hard drive I was supplied is very small around 30 GB and I'm already almost run out of space. I cannot install any new applications. I have since purchased a very large hard drive and I'm...